Gender Clinics reducing operations?

• November 27, 2009 10:01 PM GMT
    I have just seen posts that suggest the Gender Clinics are deliberately trying to upset TS and make them angry.

Then when angry they can be labelled 'mentally unstable' and denied treatment as to a shrink angry = crazy.

The suggestion is that the GIC has been ordered by thr TS's own local NHS to cut number and costs of operations and by making them angry = crazy they can be denied treatmentt.

Has anyone else seen anything similar in their dealings with own NHS or GIC?
    • 364 posts
    November 28, 2009 8:55 AM GMT
    Discrimination again !
    • 2017 posts
    November 28, 2009 2:47 PM GMT
    Easy solution............don't get angry, especially if you know that they are deliberately going to try and make you that way. Be the picture of calmness and don't give them any excuse not to refer you.

You can always scream and kick a trash can when you're out of earshot!!!

Nikki
  • January 19, 2010 6:45 AM GMT
    We have one member of our group The Freedom club UK with that problem , But, she has had mental issues most of her life
    I had no problems with CX GIC in London.It only took me 2 1/2 yrs to complete my transition with my GRS on Nov 2nd 2009 by Mr Bellringer (a genus surgeon) in 2 1/2 hours recovery room for 1/2 an hour and sitting up having dinner one hour later. absolutly no pain, after Lisa (a sweetheart) removed the pressure bandages and drain tubes the next day I did some shopping across the road. Chairing Cross Hospital and staff were fantastic. But getting back to the original subject, you do have to stay focused and stick to your guns, dont take any crap! "I know what I am and where I'm going attitude" I'd do it again tomorrow but as Mr Bellringer replied to me at my post Op exam " That's now imposable" Hee!! Hee!!.
    • 1652 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:01 PM GMT
    So the local PCT instructs the gender clinic to make their patients angry so they can have an excuse to deny/delay treatment.
    What nonsense.
    Not getting angry whilst being screened for possible mental issues would seem a sensible thing to do.
    It's a hoop-jumping exercise; fulfill all their criteria without shouting at them or acting like your bonkers or insisting a certain hoop can be avoided and you will probably be treated fine.
    Going in with all sorts of paranoid ideas is not a good starting point.
    I had no problems with Charing Cross.
    xx
  • April 7, 2011 1:49 PM BST

My gender clinic is excellent and very supportive.Smile

• June 6, 2011 9:29 PM BST

had an appointment at leeds gic this week and i asked about this gary was noticbly shocked "we wouldnt do that here " he replyed then went on to tell me ive met all criteria and start hormones within a fortnight

gic have been great i even get referal for boob job in6 months things are looking good