In Love With My New Boots

• 2627 posts
    January 12, 2010 9:11 PM GMT
    I know that sounds wierd but I just might be.
    There soft supple brown leather, mid-calf, 3in heels.
    I first saw them in a store & I realy liked the look but the largest size they had was a 9. I found them online in my size but they were a $100 so I passed. I kept going back for another look & finely gave in. Only they were out of stock & were put on backorder. They came this morning!!!!!
    I tried them on afraid they wouldn't fit right, but thier perfect. I haven't taken them off since.

It's a nice day!
    • 1912 posts
    January 13, 2010 1:45 AM GMT
    That is terrific Karen and I hope you get lots of good wear out of them. I have a hard time walking past a shoe store without going in if I know they carry larger sizes. I had been looking for a pair of brown casual shoes and stumbled across a display of a nice brown mule. As I looked through the stock on the shelf I came across a black pair in my size but no brown. Being that I needed a brown pair I had the associate check to see if other stores in the area had a pair. Turns out the computer said they had two pairs at this store. I scoured the shelves looking through all the shoes in that brand and finally found them an aisle away mixed in with a different style. They happened to be on sale plus it was buy one get one half off so I went ahead and bought both the black and brown pair. They are the most comfortable shoes and my first choice in what I reach for when I'm not working.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1017 posts
    January 13, 2010 3:16 AM GMT
    Hi Karen,

I can totally relate to your feelings towards your new boots.

I have a similar relationship to my jacquard white corset, something I've wanted for years. It gives me a waist I don't have and it holds me in so I don't have to "suck it in."

Best,
    Melody
  • January 13, 2010 4:50 AM GMT
    Stiletto boots and corsets!
    OMG so many memories of strutting!