The Pope - What a Hypocrite!

• 2068 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:10 PM GMT

I See the Pope is at it again,spouting his rubbish & Criticizing the UK equality Law when actually it has sod all to do with him. We Dont tell the Vatican how to conduct themselves so why should he interfere with the law Which wants to treat people in the UK equally?

And to think this guy is visiting Britain this year too. He is such a HYPOCRITE!

http://uk.reuters.com/art[...]ce=feed

Anna-Marie
    • 364 posts
    February 4, 2010 3:24 AM GMT
    Guardian.co.uk has a better report but I am not commenting. Regards
  • February 4, 2010 4:09 PM GMT
    I'm with you Anne-Marie, I do wish these religious nuts would stop trying to force their crap down every ones throats, I don't give a damn if they wish to waste there lives worshipping some mythical god (Prove other wise, if you can) I just wish they'd leave the rest of us alone.
    I think France has the best idea, religion is kept completely separate from the state, It's not allowed to operate schools or affect the government.

Some one once told me "200 million Catholics can't be wrong!" He had no answer to my reply, "what about the 300 million Moslems?"

LOl,

Discuss.

Huggles

Becca
    • 30 posts
    February 4, 2010 7:53 PM GMT
    I, personally, am offended by all this religion bashing on Trannyweb. A comment about how one disagrees with a church announcement, or a complaint that religion is intruding in politics is valid and desirable. But calling followers of a religion liars, hypocrites, or evil is going a little overboard, and not what Trannyweb should be about.
    Anna-Marie, I understand that you are upset with the Pope's statements, but he is NOT a hypocrite! A hypocrite is one who says one thing, but acts contrarily. Don't you think that the Pope believes his opinions are correct? I disagree with most religions on many subjects, but seldom call their adherents hypocrites, unless their actions are in direct contrast to their professed beliefs. I don't think that most Christians are full of hate, as so many TW commenters are saying. If they believe that transgender surgery is going against nature, that is an honest belief. It is not HATE that makes them disagree with people who have other opinions. It is honest belief in their own religion's teachings.
    I, personally go to church as often as I can en femme, and have never had a bad word said to me. I have even been complimented on my singing voice after a service. I don't try to intrude on or defy the beliefs of the people who participate, but just blend in. I don't try to challenge the belief systems of people in churches. As the world changes, perhaps their conceptions will change, too. It used to be sinful to consider the Earth not to be the center of the universe. Now the science of astronomy is accepted by all religions save the most extreme fundamentalists, Christian, Muslim, or whatever. Perhaps the science of gender will also make inroads eventually.
    Fighting, cursing, angry arguments will not change a religion.
    As I said, a few comments here and there on religious subjects are one thing, but the number of vehement comments in the recent threads are alarming to me! Is this Trannyweb, or is it www.AntiChristian?

Sorry for having to criticize.... I generally get a lot of enjoyment and insight reading Forum posts. Let's try to keep Trannyweb a cooperative, positive community!

Karin
    • 448 posts
    February 4, 2010 10:42 PM GMT
    In what respect is the Pope a hypocrite? The teaching of the Catholic Church has been fairly consistent for many hundreds of years. We may not agree with it but then is another matter. I am Catholic and I am a much bigger hypocrite than the Pope will ever be. The simple fact is that many of the values of our society and the social mores by which we live and interact with each other have a religious foundation. There is no reason why the Catholic Church should be forced to employ people who do not adhere either to their values or there faith. I say that as a gay transvestite who would be one of those people who would be discriminated against. One of those people, indeed, whom the Catholic Church scorns. I teach but wouldn't dream of applying for a post in a Jewish school because I know I do not share their world view. Equality doesn't always mean equality. Why should the majority of society accept us when many of us live outside the accepted social norms? That is something we have to fight for and to earn. Forcing ourselves on places where we are not welcome for reasons of political correctness does us no favours at all. We deserve the same rights as everyone else but we must do this for ourselves. When the Pope comes to England I will applaud him because he represents my upbringing and my understanding of life, and because as a faith we have been a discriminated minority for many centuries. I am still a member of a discriminated minority but then if I lost all faith, however it manifests itself, what would I have?
    • 2068 posts
    February 4, 2010 11:23 PM GMT

Porscha, he's the one who's slamming the UK for wanting to have equality laws & that to me says he doesnt like the place.....and YET he's going to be visiting the UK this year.........do you not think its a tad hypocritical of him?

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie

• 2068 posts
    February 4, 2010 11:28 PM GMT

Karin, i saw no criticism in your post.....just someone putting their point of view across. I certainly did not start this post to stir up hate for religion ( far from it ), i felt it was a story that needed airing & for people to make their own informed choices. Life is too damn short to argue over something like this.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1912 posts
    February 4, 2010 11:42 PM GMT
    I think the Pope should stay out of politics. If he wants to tell his followers his view or call it the catholic view on matters so they can vote their conscious, so be it, but to tell another country what they should do is out of line.

As for religion, I think most here know that church is a big part of my life. I credit church with keeping my marriage together during the tough times of coming out to my wife. I also credit church for the strengthening of our marriage and also bringing numerous friends into our lives. There is good and bad with everything including churches, but to label them all bad or all hypocrites is wrong. Different people use religion for different purposes and most are good. However like everything else, a few give the others a bad name. Most people believe in God for a positive reason, not one of hatred. Some people just like to believe they are better than others and it doesn't always require religion or God for that.

I believe you should live by example. If you want others to be like you, set an example that they would want to follow. It is wrong to force your beliefs on others, instead you need to demonstrate your beliefs have real benefits.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 364 posts
    February 6, 2010 1:15 AM GMT
    The Pope's comments were contained in a letter addressed to the Catholic bishops of England and Wales.
    • 2573 posts
    February 6, 2010 9:30 AM GMT
    If I ever meet The Pope, I will not kiss his ring. I will, however, give him a hearty Seig Heil and then ask him where he gets his lovely frocks.