Want to hear something pathetic?

• 2463 posts
    February 5, 2010 1:38 PM GMT
    Let's see now - I have a PhD, am a pubished author, teach college level classes including Critical Thinking, get invited to academic conferences, AND JUST YESTERDAY I DISCOVERED WHERE THE CUP HOLDERS ARE IN A CAR I HAVE HAD FOR TWO YEARS! Another Psycho Ninja moment.

Lilienne is going to have a field day with this one.
  • February 5, 2010 1:49 PM GMT
    I know the feeling, I'm useless with cars, I still cannot use the cruise control or the fog lights after nearly a year! I was once asked about my car, the only thing I could think of to say was- It's blue!!!

Huggles

Becca

PS. Cup holders? I wonder if mine has any?
    • 1980 posts
    February 5, 2010 2:01 PM GMT
    Well I just discovered my computer has a cup holder. You just press a button on the, the...whatever it's called,,,the big thing with all the wires coming out of it, and just like that a cup holder slides out. It's so handy.

Hugs...Joni Mari
  • February 5, 2010 2:24 PM GMT
    Joni

I tried that same sort of cup holder thingy as well.
    But my cup kept falling through the hole in it, and it kept sliding in and out for some reason.
    • 2463 posts
    February 5, 2010 5:13 PM GMT
    At least at this time next week I will be in Albuquerque having a small vacation. I wonder what I'll discover before then?
  • February 5, 2010 6:18 PM GMT
    Listen to Prefab Sprout
    KIng of rock and roll
    Hot dog jumpin frog
    Albuqerque.

• 1195 posts
    February 6, 2010 12:03 AM GMT
    Mere
    Besdt check the weather in "Q" - it isn't Chicago but they do get winter storms.
    As for you automobile - hey - as long as its not being recalled have fun

hugs
    Gracie

PS "Doctor" Mere - sounds strange
    • 746 posts
    February 6, 2010 1:09 AM GMT
    When it's time to change the oil, I just buy another car! (smile)
    Traci
  • February 6, 2010 4:10 AM GMT
    When I first bought my Trans Am I was figureing whats what in it and I managed to turn on the emergency flashers, and I couldn't figure out how I did it or how to turn them off. there I was sitting in front of a convience store with the lights blinking for about 20 minutes. Luckly someone with a Camaro pulled up alongside me, and I asked them how to turn them off. Turns out all i had to do was pull up on the button which is right on top of the sterring column, then let it snap back down. Geez it was so easy, yet I couldn't figure it out. I almost felt embarrassed.
  • February 6, 2010 6:18 PM GMT
    I'm still learning new things about my car all the time, although finding the cup holders is usually the first thing I do
    • 1195 posts
    February 7, 2010 6:55 PM GMT
    Sorry - no cup holders for me - I'm left handed and I hate spilling drinks in my lap
    hugs
    Gracie