Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Loop won't let me into Chat

Loop won't let me into Chat

Tags : None
  • I'm a very occasional user of the chatroom, but I've never had any problem accessing them in the past. Tonight when I click on any of the access points to the chatroom (homepage, member services or bottom of the page options), I'm sent into a loop that sends me into a circle that never results in my getting to the chats.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated...

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      March 23, 2010 1:57 AM GMT
  • More details:

From any of the access points to Chat from TGS I am sent to:
    Welcome to TrannyChat
    To enter the Chat Room please click here [which I do]

new screen:
    *** Be informed when TrannyChats are starting ***
    To join or leave TrannyChatAlerts list just go here and check the appropriate box

*** Full Member's Password ***
    [the password is displayed]

At the bottom of the screen is a picture of a blonde girl in a green dress. Over her is a bar chart:
    load client xml... 100%
    load language... 100%
    load color xml 0%

across the bottom of the picture is what seems to be an error message in red:
    error load skin/tranny/color.xml file

my only option is to click on the only button, which I do

new screen
    TrannyWeb Mailing List
    I'm offered to join or remove, it doesn't matter which I choose and I click on Subscribe

new screen:
    Thank you. The changes you have made to your "Tranny Tip of the Week" subscription have been saved.

There are no further options at this point and I haven't gotten anywhere near the Chat Room.
    All I can do is start over and I get sent through the above again. "Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect $200."

Again, I'd appreciate any help.

Melody

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      March 23, 2010 2:10 PM GMT
  • I'm able to get in Chat just fine this morning.

Thanks to whoever fixed the problem. ;)

Best,
    Melody
      March 24, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
  • Hi Melody, I don't think anyone fixed it.

What browser were you using when it failed? Your description matches what happens when people try to access the chat room using Opera or Safari (which have never worked properly with our Flash-based chat rooms.

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 24, 2010 7:38 PM GMT
  • Hi Katie,

I was using plain old Mozilla Firefox, version 3.5.8. Probably should have tried IE but it was late (for me).

Best,
    Melody
      March 24, 2010 7:49 PM GMT
  • Firefox should work fine. Maybe it was just throwing a wobbley!

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 24, 2010 8:05 PM GMT
  • Firefox is now up to version 3.6.2 I know one of the recent past versions seemed a little slow but I haven't had any problems so far with this version.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      March 24, 2010 8:14 PM GMT
  • Hi Marsha,

Thanks for the info. Mozilla usually nags me about upgrading when a new version comes out. Maybe I farther down their list.

I did have trouble with a proprietary video editing program the morning after I couldn't get into Chat. Windows Update had restarted my PC overnight and I didn't make a connection between the two. Still couldn't get into Chat. Don't know about Vista, but Win98 used to have problems with two programs trying to access the same memory address. Never had a problem with Chat or the editing program before.

Best,
    Melody
      March 24, 2010 8:35 PM GMT
  • Help!!

I'm not able to get into Chat again. Same info as before, only now the blonde girl in the green dress has another bar about movie.

I've tried Mozilla Foxfire, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and the same result.

I've done a total reboot and I still can't get into Chat.

Again, HELP!!! :(

Best,
    Melody
      April 15, 2010 1:40 AM BST
  • Turns out the problem was with my copy of Flash Player.

My friend Anna-Marie figured it out and I downloaded a fresh copy and I've gone into Chat multiple times using both Firefox and IE with no problem and without even a reboot of the PC.

My copy of Flash must have gotten corrupted somehow.

Thank you, Anna-Marie!

Best,
    Melody
      April 16, 2010 1:10 PM BST