One way street

• July 2, 2004 12:03 PM BST
    Coming out is a one way street.

Once you have told it, it IS in the world. Not any more between your ears only. You cannot get it back. Somebody said, it is like a baby: once born, it is in the world and cannot be pushed back. Another one said, this is a one way street because you cannot deny it the next day and say it was just a joke. So, think before coming out if you really mean this, is this true or not.

Laura
  • July 2, 2004 12:28 PM BST
    At job I remember having said only that "I´m in a process, at the end of which I will be physically, socially and juridically female and I wish your understanding". I found it better to express it in a dynamical way: "I´m in the screening in the hospital and in the process already". Nothing about my own considerations, better to lean on doctors and experts who decide...

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 2, 2004 1:11 PM BST
    I think in any situation of coming out, it must be thought through to the full, it took me 3 months to tell my mum. That was made easier because she saw a change in facial features ie my eyebrow's and ears peirced and how long my finger nails were.
    So i was put on the spot, i think the words were"mum i have something to tell you" to which she replied " your gay aren't you", but that aside to tell my closest mate's was far more easier than i thought and they know i am not playing silly game's. So i agree with you all, you can't say it one day and change your mind the next Love JJ xx