Taking Hormones & Body Shape.

• July 3, 2004 5:10 AM BST
    Hi, I'm new,just joined today. I have a question in regards to hormones. In Oct. I started taking 2.5mg Premain. had to stop in Jan. Bad mood swings. In March I started 2mg Estrofem up to 4mg now. next month I'll start with Aldactone.
    Besides the breast,mine are starting to form maybe AAA lol, when will the rest of my body start to shape. I still have dimples on my butt and my legs are skinny. I'm tall. am i expecting to much to soon? Any help? thanks, Lisa
    • 25 posts
    July 4, 2004 2:07 AM BST
    Hi Lisa,

Here are some of the hormones that I take.
    I am giving the generic forms because there are so many brands and it gets very confusing. You will need prescriptions from your endocrinologist for these hormones.

Androgen Blockers

Generic - spironolact 200mg/day - it interferes with testosterone preproduction and interference with the production of testosterone or its conversion to the potent metabolite 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) can be exercised by drugs like spironolact 100-200 mg/day.

Generic - cyproterone acetate 150mg./day - Sarting at 50mg/day and taking blood tests in two months, if there are no problems it can be increased to 100mg and then test 2 months after that. Then if there are no problems it can be increased to 150mg/day. This is an androgen blocker which interferes with receptor binding of androgens or in the future with post receptor mechanisms have been used successfully is cyproterone acetate 150 mg/day orally. This hormone can only be purchased in Canada. I purchase mine from Aspen Park Drugs RX Calgary, AB and you will need to have a prescription.

Estrogens
    Generic - estradiol 2mg/day is a systemic estrogen. This is a mild form of estrogen and is usually taken as a beginning estrogen.

Generic - ethinyl estradiol 100ìg/day Birth control medication. This is the strongest form of estrogen.

Premarin is a good and is a conjugated systemic estrogen, however sometimes you could get the opposite affect that you are looking for. If you take too much it will cause you body to produce more androgens (testosterone). It also very expensive.

Any type of estrogen that you take will produce mood swings. This due to fluctuations of estrogen levels. There are herbs that help balance the swings.

Aldactone is just spironolact which is the generic form. As you can see above you can take 200mg/day and in order for you see the affects of the estrogen you will need to be on it. You need to block the production of testosterone to keep from having the two fight within your body. This could also be a cause for the mood swings.

There is a great "T" Log that is available free on this website. You should start taking measurements right away.

Look for subtle changes. My bottom eyelashes started to grow first. My body hair diminished. I started to grow breasts you can tell this because your nipples hurt just as young girls who are forming their figure. My skin got softer. These are some of the changes that we don't look for. Depending on one's age the process takes longer. The older one is it takes longer to overcome the age old affects of the testosterone on the body. When a person is young the affects of HRT are more transforming.

I hope I have been helpful.

Love,
    Rebecca C
  • July 6, 2004 3:19 AM BST
    Thanx, all the information has been helpful. and it explains the mood swings I had on the Premarin. I have noticed small changes, slow body hair growth, my breast seem to have a funny feeling, not a sharp pain, just comfortable. As far as my skin, I live in the desert,so the air is dry.
    I'm 46 yrs old, Im tall, and thin, so I guess the changes will be slow.I'll keep track of my measurements.
    LISA
  • July 6, 2004 8:40 AM BST
    I´m older than you...

Anyway, after 20 months of hrt I pass in every situation. Thanks to hormones.

Laura
  • July 6, 2004 1:11 PM BST
    He talks about average. But we are all different. I have sent my new pics to some people who don´t know me. And they have asked if the pics are old ones, because I look there so young. According to them I CANNOT be over 50. I have tried to repeat that the pics are new and I am WELL over 50.
    Probably my cell renewal speed is also still quite fast. And that actually dictates the results of the HRT.

Laura
  • July 8, 2004 6:59 AM BST
    Laura,
    judging by the little icon, you look Fabulous!! It must make you feel good. I can only hope to look half as good. in my younger yrs I drank & smoked alot. and I'm afraid it has taken a toll. well, good makeup can fix anything. lol. maybe the hormones will help my skin.
    Lisa
  • July 8, 2004 7:08 AM BST
    Lisa

Smoking makes your skin gray and less elastic. But since you have stopped smoking your skin can recover a lot. In the HRT you should never smoke, anyway. Hormones make your skin smoother, but also thinner. Your fingernails will get weaker, unfortunately. You may see colours brighter, maybe be able to smell better, perhaps partly loose your good orientation, cry and laugh easier than before. That´s what happened to me.

Laura
  • July 8, 2004 8:22 AM BST
    My best example is my getting lost in the Helsinki Subway....and there is only one line. In the military I was one of the best in orientation rehearsals.

Laura