Favorite Gemstones

• 1017 posts
    June 14, 2010 8:59 PM BST
    Hi All,

Been shopping for jewelry lately and I find myself drawn to a couple of gemstones.

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend" but I'm unlikely to own any real ones this lifetime. Luckily, the CZ faux diamonds are virtually identical to the real thing and are affordable.

I love Turquoise "Southwest" jewelry especially the blue shades that go so well with all my jeans.

I have a special place in my heart for Jade. I especially like the pale green and purple varieties. Great to enhance a nice outfit when I have somewhere to go.

Lot's of other pretty stones out there, but these are my choices.

Anyone else have favorites?

Best,
    Melody

• June 15, 2010 12:03 AM BST
    Most of my jewellery is of the "cheap and cheerful" variety, more properly known as "tat".
    The only things I have of any real monetary value are a gold necklace and earrings with small rubies in them which were a birthday present from my Mum which to me are irreplaceable, (just like her).
    • 157 posts
    June 15, 2010 12:40 AM BST
    Hi Melody

Most of my jewelry is earrings and I have always been drawn to opals. I like the way they seem to change color (or colour) with just a little fire in them. Unfortunately they are out of my budget. I also like pearls but not sure if they classify as stones.

Jeri
    • 1912 posts
    June 15, 2010 12:53 PM BST
    I use to wear diamonds or CZs on a regular basis but find my preference has changed to pearls. There is just something elegant about a simple pearl and they can be worn with jeans or fancy attire.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2573 posts
    June 16, 2010 1:33 AM BST
    Turquoise & silver, fire opals, amber, anything blue and those incredible new synthetic gems (CZ) that burst with color and do not cost a fortune.