Girly shopping

• 110 posts
    July 11, 2010 1:15 AM BST
    I went girly clothes shopping today for the first time. I normally shop online but today was great. I was nervous as hell but what a thrill. It was great to be able to see and feel the clothes before I buy. I got a couple of really nice bra's and some great panties. I wanted to get a new top but none took my fancy. I didn't go fully dressed just some nice underware under my man clothes but it will come. Just wondered about any one else' first time proper shopping
    • 1017 posts
    July 11, 2010 8:26 PM BST
    Hi Lillith,

I don't remember a particular shopping trip since before I bought things for myself, I'd shopped boutiques and department stores for my fiancee. There was no internet back then, but catalogs were sort of the shopping sites of the day. I often ordered things from Sears Roebuck, JC Penney, Spiegel and Montgomery Ward (RIP - they issued me my first credit card).

What I do have fond memories of was a trip to a little Japanese run wig shop in Hollywood where I took my wig after some really botched attempts to style it myself. I was very shy and feared they would laugh at the tall skinny guy who wanted his feminine wig styled right out the door. Instead, the husband and wife team were ever so nice to me. There were communication problems since their English was very limited and my Japanese nonexistent, but we managed and I was treated with respect, to my surprise. I'll never forget those nice folks who gave me the courage to shop in department stores and make-up counters for the rest of my life.

Best,
    Melody
    • 110 posts
    July 12, 2010 7:07 AM BST
    Hi Melody. I know just what you mean about being able to gain courage from it. After years of trying to go into these places only to bottle out at the last minute now I've done it once I'm already planning my next shopping spree