Colon-vaginoplasty for me!

• August 1, 2010 1:40 PM BST
    I went to see another surgeon after Tim Terry said that I had been delayed sexchnage for so long that my male bits had shrunk and in his 'best' bedside manner told me that he didn't do any grafts so I woudl most likely wake from surgery to find myself with a blind slit.
    So I declined his offer and asked for referral to another surgeon.
    Saw one in London and he said same shrinkage problem but that he could sue the colon-vaginoplasty which involves taking a section of colon to line th new-vagina and so all the bits of male stuff are not wanted. So I said Yes please!
    He said he coudol do it as early as September but I said my health committee will most likely delay things as long as possibel and it may be nearer to Xmas but at least its a possibility now.
    The c-v op is a double op with double risks of infections and complications so my lawyer will be suing it to bash the idiots at gender clinic and local health who have delayed me so long.

• 1912 posts
    August 1, 2010 2:14 PM BST
    For a period of time the Colon-vaginoplasty was thought to be the answer to increase depth. The better known surgeons in Thailand no longer do the colon graft as a primary surgery, but only after other methods prove to be unsatisfactory. Most are confident the scrotal graft or another skin graft from the thigh or abdomen can achieve satisfactory results. You are quite right about the Colon graft being invasive with a greater risk of infection. But in all fairness, I'm sure you can find gals who have had the procedure tell you it is the best. Should you go with the procedure most important will be your confidence in the surgeon who will be performing the surgery. Best wishes.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 530 posts
    August 1, 2010 10:17 PM BST
    I chose not to have full vaginoplasty. I too had waited for a long time, and having started with very little plus the 'shrinkage' mentioned made the usual reconstruction impossible. And I have to admit, the surgeon did say that there would have been a serious risk of prolapse due to my weight.
    Also, though I am only in my fifties, I realised that men and penetrative sex were no longer on my agenda, so opted for the relatively simpler and shorter op, far less risk, and with it's associated rapid recovery time. It looks to all intents and purposes normal, labia and a clitoris constucted using the original nerve endingss, and only a clinical inspection would reveal any difference.
    I had the op in June, went swimming three weeks after the op and was back at work in July.
    Works for me!