TG Bikers

• 1017 posts
    August 15, 2010 11:39 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

Penny has just posted pics of herself on her Kawasaki 1000cc on facebook. Nikki has mentioned her Honda. I've posted pics of some of my bikes.

I wonder how many others have motorcycles in their past or current lives.

I've owned a Honda 350cc Scrambler, a Royal Enfield 700cc custom, a Triumph 650cc TT, a 900cc Harley Sportster road rat, a few Triumph Trophy 500cc's and a few more that passed through my hands briefly when I was partner in a 1970's custom bike shop.

I've know quite a few Lesbian and F2M bike owners, as well.

Anybody else?

Best,
    Melody

• 530 posts
    August 16, 2010 12:28 AM BST
    I started with a Yamaha YL1, then a big gap, then two plastic maggots one after the other (Honda CX500), Yamaha XS850 (rat!), Suzuki GSX 750, and last one was Yamaha XJ900F
    (We once tried to count up how many cars I've had, and gave up once it got past 50)
    • 1017 posts
    August 16, 2010 12:33 AM BST
    Hi Sue,

You're a girl after my own heart!

Best,
    Melody
    • 1912 posts
    August 16, 2010 1:06 AM BST
    My last motorcycle was a 1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk which I loved racing through the mountains of Washington state on. Besides a growing family, I tore my hamstring seriously water skiing and could no longer sit on the bike so I sold it. Prior to that I had a Kawasaki 400 which provided me my only ambulance ride to the hospital with lights and sirens after a car turned in front of me and we collided head on. I ended up with only a slight crack in my right femur and a totaled motorcycle.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1017 posts
    August 16, 2010 1:24 AM BST
    Hi Marsha,

When I had the bike shop we did an engine transplant from the ancestor of your Honda, a much modified 550cc, into a Triumph triple frame. Honda power and Brit handling. I rode it when it was finished, a high revving well handling bike that was a challenging ride - almost lured you into exceeding your abilities.

The owner was totally contemptuous of my Enfield - he called it "agricultural" (and he was from the UK!)

Best,
    Melody
    • 1652 posts
    August 16, 2010 9:53 AM BST
    "...how many others have motorcycles in their past or current lives".

Never in a million years!
    xx
    • 2358 posts
    August 16, 2010 10:35 AM BST
    Not so long ago had a ride on the back of a rebuilt Vncent Black Shadow, never again, only wished I had been wearing brown knickers and slacks, lol.
    • 1017 posts
    August 16, 2010 4:10 PM BST
    Hi Cristine,

I've also been the passenger on a Vincent Black Shadow. You're right, definitely a knicker darkening experience. I've never been a good passenger, prefer the control of being the driver.

Apparently, Penny's bike was a true TG bike. It was transitioning from a Kawasaki to a Suzuki...

Best,
    Melody
    • 252 posts
    August 16, 2010 4:25 PM BST
    I had a boyfriend who had a Harley-something. I don't know what the number was after the bike. I went on the back of that thing once. Once. I told him not to do anything that would make me scared. He did a wheelie. No more bike rides, no more boyfriend.
    • 1195 posts
    August 16, 2010 6:31 PM BST
    I'm with Lucy - no motorcycles.
    I'm very comfortable in my roadsters - I'm driving my fourth.
    #1 MG -TD 1953 model
    #2 Triumph Spitfire
    #3 Fiat 124
    now 1994 Mazda Miata (red)
    They hold the road better than a "bike."
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1017 posts
    August 16, 2010 9:30 PM BST
    Hi Mary Grace,

Hope you realize your 1953 MG -TD, despite having four wheels and a body, was far closer to being a motorcycle than to a modern car like your Miata.

Best,
    Melody