Unison LGBT Bristol Conference

• 530 posts
    September 22, 2010 9:15 PM BST
    Anyone else attending the Unison LGBT Conference at The Marriott in Bristol 19th-21st November?

Let me know, maybe we can meet up - it's quite well attended, (400+), so it would be easy to miss people.

Email me [email protected] (yes, I know it looks more like a password, had a blonde moment when signing up and filled in the wrong boxes! Keeps a lot of spam out though...)

Even if you're not part of it, there might be time to meet anyway?

http://cms.unison.co.uk/C[...]eID=251

If you're not aware of it yet, make haste, they have to get applications in this week.
    (I've got a PDF with more details, but it's on a work server so would need to download there first)
    • 530 posts
    September 26, 2010 6:15 PM BST
    I'll take that as a no then...LOL
  • October 5, 2010 10:25 PM BST
    I went to last year's in Cardiff but not this year as I'm expecting to be having surgery and to be truthful I did feel like a fish out of water among so many LGBs. I went into one T meeting but the people were CD/TV so again I didn't fit in. So me and my boss decided not to bother with this years conference.
    • 530 posts
    October 10, 2010 5:41 PM BST
    I fully expect to be the 1 in 10 of the 1 in 10 as usual - you get kinda used to it!
    Part of my reasoning is just for the purpose of announcing by being there, "Hey, we are a minority amongst a minority, don't forget us!"
    That is for the 'T' in LGBT, or 'Lettuce, Bacon and Tomato' as a friend likes to remember it
    As I am also 'L', I can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
    I am also intending to go for being an Equality Rep for our centre (of about 70 people), as we don't have one currently, and a bit of networking won't hurt. I am the only 'T' where I work but there are others in different departments that I have never met, and at least one of whom will be going. There are also a number of 'Ls' and 'Gs' who I would be able to represent.
    If it all turns out to be corporate claptrap, so be it, it's a freebie weekend in Bristol!