My Heroines

• 2068 posts
    October 29, 2010 12:30 AM BST

Well i can truthfully say i HAVE Met Lucy & she's every BIT as nice as in her pics.

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1017 posts
    October 10, 2010 3:35 AM BST
    Hi Girls,

I've said this to other TGS members in private, but, given the abuse they've taken lately, I'd like to tell you all about my admiration for a couple of the girls here who I truly admire. They have transitioned and have no real need to be here with we TV, CD, TS Pre/Non-Op and the rest of us who don't know what we are.

I want to personally and publically thank Cristine Shye and Lucy Diamond for their dedication to this site. They certainly don't need the hassles they are exposed to here, but they do and I am forever grateful to them for it.

I'm sure there are others who are/were here who have made similar contributions, I just don't know them.

Lucy and Cristine, you are my heroines.

Best,
    Melody
    • 105 posts
    October 10, 2010 12:07 PM BST
    Hi Melody,

I'd like to endorse your comments about two women who do an enormous amount to add value to this site, both in terms of the unstinting research they put into their areas of expertise, and their generosity and grace in sharing their knowledge.

Two priceless gems in our common tiara.

I extend my sincere thanks to them both, and to Melody for the timely reminder that we sometimes forget to show our gratitude for the good things with which we're blessed.

Hugs,

Judith
    • 2358 posts
    October 10, 2010 1:06 PM BST
    Thankyou, wipes away tears. But if it was'nt for people like Katie Glover, the time effort and dedication she has put in over the years, none of us would be here at all. Time and time again I see girls posting ; ''This site saved my life'' what you have just posted, sorta brings me back down to earth, why we all do our bit. and perhaps should forget the little squables that arise from some ill thought out or inocuous remark. a very poignant thread on here was the one about suicide. Wonder just how many lives have been saved through this site, how many have found happiness and an understanding of such complex and disturbing issues within ones own personal life.
    • 2068 posts
    October 10, 2010 3:08 PM BST

I'll second that one Melody. Cris & Lucy have gone through a lot and they dont have to be here but they ARE. To me that says a great deal about them in so much as not being the kind of post op girl who looks down on the mere CD/TV. I've been fortunate to meet Lucy Diamond & i have to say she is the nicest, most down to earth person you could wish to meet.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
  • October 10, 2010 3:15 PM BST
    Thats my Crissie, gets some praise and an accolade then passes it on to someone else. One has to raise the question. is it any particular person, . that makes a site like this. or the contributions of the whole, I have to commend Kati Glover the site owner and the founding member, for the hours and hours that she must devote to the site. Obviously someone with a vision like Crissie.

I am trying to persuade Crissie to either let me write about her life, the traumas and terrible things that happened in her childhood, or get her to write about them. perhaps then people would understand a bit more where she is at and her basic instinct for equality and fair play. Very often she gets upset at some of the negatively thats directed at her. me I tell her why waste your time and tears on people who obviously do not appreciate what she is trying to do the values and perspectives she is encouraging people to embrace. But she keeps plodding on. I love her to bits, and this particular thread, restores some of my own faith in other people and their values.
  • October 10, 2010 3:24 PM BST
    PS she made one excellent observation, if you have something to complain about, if you have been offended deal with it there and then do not let it fester, I rarely log on, but it would seem that weeks go by every thing great and lovely, then there will be one person that posts a whole list of greviences, each one fairly trivial, but when you see a long list, it looks bad.
    • 1652 posts
    October 10, 2010 11:47 PM BST
    Thank you Melody, that is so sweet.
    Like Cris said, it’s Katie that does most of the work around here, all we can do is try to make it a nice place to be. Her dedication is awesome, thank you Katie.
    I’ve just joined up to the sneaky preview version of the new site, looks great!
    xx
    • 252 posts
    October 11, 2010 4:42 AM BST
    Only speaking up to add my voice to the previous posters. Thank you, all of you, who help make this place a little better.

*Group Hug*

Z
    • 871 posts
    October 11, 2010 6:19 PM BST
    Crissie and Lucy have both enriched my life. I enjoy their contributions and they possess qualities that inspire me and encourage me to examine my faults and become a better person. Hugs & Kisses Penny
    • 1195 posts
    October 11, 2010 6:34 PM BST
    Melody
    Thanks for this post. You have chosen to speak of two of my favorite people.
    Cristine and Lucy (alphaabetical order) are my favorite kind of people.
    Hugs and kisses to them both - they're great.
    There appears to be a few trying to start friction between both sides of the Atlantic pond - posh I say.
    If I were 40 years yoounger I'd live 6 months out of the year in both continents.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • October 14, 2010 8:59 PM BST
    Just a quick note from me
    I have never met Lucy here (not that i can remember) but would love to someday, but Cristine has been a big help for me, and more recently for my partner. We have both become good friends of Cristine and enjoy our chats together.
    Cristine i would like to thank you for the help and advice you have given me,(especially the link to Oli, clothes to die for......lol).
    Well i have said my piece
    Monique
    PS Cass is a stand out girl also who i have had some great chats with. Cris you are one lucky girl.
    • 8 posts
    October 23, 2010 7:36 PM BST
    THis party may be in someone elses house, but there is no doubt that Crissie is its life and soul

Lucy is great too... just not here as often
  • October 27, 2010 9:31 PM BST
    I can say that Cris is the person that I have talked to the most & have found that she is always warm & friendly, we are friends who can talk about anything from being very sensible to downright procrastinating but cris is 1 of those people who enriches the lives of those that interact with her.
  • October 28, 2010 6:32 AM BST
    Doing my best not to make this seem like an Oscar acceptance speech.
    My heroines are my Mum and my big sisters.
    Thankyou from "the wee boy in the skirt".
  • October 29, 2010 1:45 AM BST
    Is this the ex-TW's Princess Diana moment. How many of you who have posted here have met Cristine or Lucy? Words come easy, after all. The truth and the internet can pass like ships in the night.

What?
    Surely you must know we all stay together in a flat in London in the 1960's !
  • October 30, 2010 10:46 AM BST
    I am not sure as to what Porscha is intimating, I would suggest that people who write in these forums and how they come across is reflective of how they conduct themselves in every day life. There are those who try, to help others and those that spend to much energy and time knocking them. I do not frequent this site very often. But I can read between the lines, getting an insight to a persons character and what they are trying to do for others. At this juncture one should show appreciation for Katie Glover and the girls that do
    take the time and put in the effort to do research for the good of all here. Some actually contribute financially, running forums for no financial reward to keep this site going.

If anyone has nothing positive to add to threads like this, either start your own dissatisfaction thread or abstain.

Cassandra .S. Whitehead
    • 252 posts
    October 30, 2010 11:59 AM BST
    I was wondering what she was on about as well. Odds are I will never meet any of our member from the UK and so my entire communication with you girls with the Union Jack in front of your names is in this website and others like facebook. The only communication I've had with Cris and Lucy has been in the forums here and in the chat room.

About Cris, I can only say this: She worries constantly about being misunderstood. I've seen her worry herself into a tizzy thinking that someone took something she said wrong. She seems to me at least to be incredibly tireless at this site (not to mention how busy her life must be.) Sorry, but I constantly think of Buddha when I think of Cris. No, not the fat part, obviously LOL but the smiling Buddha. One of my first lessons about Buddha was in his outstretched hands. This is his most famous pose. He appears very happy as he is receiving enlightenment and as he disappears into a higher plane, he turns back toward the world and extends his arms to bring us with him. Cris doesn't need to be here. She wants to be here and help us grasp closer to our goals. This is a noble and selfless thing. Regardless of anything else and anyone else's opinion, I will continue to believe that Cris is selfless and noble. I know she is many more things than that, but to me, this is what I see.

As for Lucy, she is wonderful. I've only seen her a few times but she has been absolutely lovely and generous with her time and attention. It's beyond me why you would slam two of the most popular and valuable people at this site, but regardless, I disagree with the idea that they become completely different people away from this site.

Z
    • 84 posts
    October 30, 2010 1:00 PM BST
    I've known Cris for over two years now here in TW and during that time she has been nothing but a positive influence offering support and guidance as well as being a genuine friend.

I cant say I know Lucy anywhere near as well but similarly she strikes me as a positive and constructive type.
    I did meet her quite briefly once at Sparkle 2009 so I can certainly confirm shes as real as she seems.

How some plonker thats hardly ever here on the site can suggest otherwise i dont know. I suspect Skoda Palomar is saying more about her own personality, or lack thereof, than she is about anything else.
    • 1652 posts
    October 30, 2010 1:05 PM BST
    I rather hope Porscha is generalising here, rather than actually questioning the integrity of Cristine or myself. If so, I know what she means. I know there have been people on this site who have entirely assumed an identity and pretended to be someone they’re not. Others I have met in person after “getting to know” them online, and they haven’t quite turned out to be like I expected, but perhaps that’s just the fault of my expectations.
    I’m sure I’m not much different in real life as my online persona suggests, apart from I might not have the voice you imagined, and my skin looks far worse up close than it does in my photos. In both worlds I say what I believe, and it is always the truth. For me, life is too short to make things up about yourself, to go around online masquerading as someone you’re not, or perhaps as the person you’d like to be. In real life I am happy, contented and sane; get over it!
    In answer to the question, two of the people who have posted here have met me, ie Penny and Anne-Marie, both on more than one occasion. I have met dozens of girls from this site, probably more than fifty, I have the photos to prove it. I’ve met Katie, our illustrious webmistress several times. I’ve even met a couple of American TGS girls in the past (then TW of course).
    Whether I deserve to be someone’s heroine is of course debatable, but I am real, and what you see here is pretty much what you get.
    I’m confident that the same goes for Cristine.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    October 30, 2010 1:09 PM BST
    Well Layla made her post while I was writing mine so that now makes 3 people on this thread who have met me! Any more…?
    I was on the TW netball team you know!
    xx
    • 252 posts
    October 30, 2010 3:56 PM BST
    Well, I'm a person who'd LIKE to meet you. Does that count? LOL

Z
  • October 31, 2010 5:13 AM GMT
    Hi,
    This being my first post on GS, with some trepidation about commenting about heroines, I remember my adolescent (that was a long time ago) pulp fiction hero was Doc Savage. The author provided the "Doc Savage motto" (it's easy to search for) . Although it might be considered corny nowadays, that motto still seems like a good description of what makes a hero, or by extension to women, what makes a heroine. It doesn't require superpowers to be a heroine; any woman could be one but only some will go ahead and be one. I agree that Christine, Lucy, and Katie are included in that category.
    • 252 posts
    October 31, 2010 9:52 PM GMT
    Hi Louise!! And welcome!!

Zoey