Very Shaken.......but not scared.

• 2068 posts
    November 11, 2010 11:09 PM GMT

If you're ever in any doubt about reporting a TG hate crime to the police, then you dont have to have any doubts about being taken seriously......i dont & i know from experience because of an incident that happened to me on Monday.

I was going into town & minding my own business, when some idiot started mouthing off at me so i ignored it. It Then escalated into threats of violence towards me & the guy kept saying he was gonna fkng lay me out. He said somethin which i heard, & i turned round to look at him.....next thing i knew he'd punched me in the face 3 times and i ended up on my hands & knees on the floor.Fortunately, there were a lot of people about who witnessed the assault and came to my aid. Three of these girls worked at the local Hoseasons holiday place & they took me there and made me some tea while waiting for the police to arrive. The Officer who came out, said that they had 4 cars (including the Armed Response Car) searching the area for the guy.I had to go to the station to give a statement of what happened, & throughout this i was treated with compassion & Respect. The PC explained everything to me in a clear & concise mannner about what would happen, if when this guy is arrested and charged the case goes to court which might well happen. I've heard people saying all sorts of things about the police & they've not been nice but i have nothing but the utmost respect for them, especially the Suffolk Constabulary who really couldn't have treated me any better than they did.

There ARE some good coppers out there ya know.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2463 posts
    November 11, 2010 11:17 PM GMT
    Hi A-M,
    I am so sorry about what happened to you. I hope you are doing better. You have every right to be shaken. As for the police, there are more good than bad.

Just be well and safe. We're here for you.

Mere and Josie
    • 252 posts
    November 12, 2010 1:22 AM GMT
    Anna-Marie, I am so sorry. I wish I could say I don't know about this, but alas, I know. Have they got this asshat in custody yet?

Z
    • 364 posts
    November 12, 2010 2:53 AM GMT
    A-M

Sorry to learn of your experience

Hugs Joanne
    • 110 posts
    November 12, 2010 12:03 PM GMT
    Hi Anna-marie,I was so sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope hope your feeling better now and they have got hold of this Ars****e and locked him up. It's great to hear the police treated you well and that there was plenty of people around to help you. All too often people just turn and walk away as if nothing had happened. Thankfully that wasn't the case this time. I visit lowestoft often and it is worrying that this has happened to you. Always remember you will find plenty of friends and support here. If ever you want a chat just drop me a line. Take care love Lillith x
  • November 12, 2010 6:21 PM GMT
    Hi Anna-Marie, rest assured that th epolice will do what they can to catch the guy and punish him.
    I've reported idiots for hate crime before and had them arrested and fined.
    With the new Equality Act coming in on October 1st the police really do have to jump to it and if/when they get him the judge will dump on him.
    • 2573 posts
    November 12, 2010 6:59 PM GMT
    :-( I am so sorry, A-M.
    • 2068 posts
    November 12, 2010 10:59 PM GMT

TY for your concern girls, its Nice to see so many peeps care. They've not got him yet but with the description i gave them plus what the witnesses saw its only a matter of time before he's nicked. When it happened, the police had 4 cars out looking for him including the armed response car that just happened to be out at the time. I have been told when found, he will be arrested & Charged with either Assault or GBH. It could well end up in court depending on how things work out, but i'm not worried in the slightest as it will be worth it to see the b*gger get what he deserves.

I'll Keep you posted......

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
  • November 13, 2010 7:13 AM GMT
    Anna-Marie,
    I'm glad you're OK after what must have been a terrifying experience.
    • 374 posts
    November 13, 2010 1:17 PM GMT

Anna-Marie hon,

I'm so sorry that this nasty thing happened to you! How frightening it must have been for you...it makes me sick that there are trolls like that #%&$@&% walking around!! I hope you weren't hurt too badly hon. It's nice to hear the police treated you well and are doing all they can to find the #%&#@&% that did this to you. You definately did the right thing in reporting the incedent Anna-Marie...there should be zero tolerance for any hate crimes in this day and age. Take care of yourself hon, we are all here for you.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika XOXOXO
    • 734 posts
    November 13, 2010 8:10 PM GMT
    Just caught up with your thread AM, sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope they catch the guy soon as you can guarentee it won't be just you he's picked on. Take it easy hunni and keep us posted ...
    Rae x
    • 181 posts
    November 14, 2010 4:48 PM GMT
    Anna, Im very glad to know you're O K ! I am also thrilled to know that there is at least one police unit thats concerned for ALL of it's citizens regardless of who they are . ellen
    • 20 posts
    November 14, 2010 6:39 PM GMT
    I'm glad you are doing so well after such an unfortunate incident Anna-Marie and were not hurt badly. The police are there to protect us as much as anyone else. While it's true that you can find bad apples anywhere in any line of work, the police are trained to not discriminate more than other professions are. I have a huge respect for the work they do keeping us all safe. I believe any assault on anyone is a hate crime and I hate the hate. There are so many other things worth getting one's ire up about but what someone is wearing should be pretty far down on the list. Human nature tends to single out those of us who are different in any way and the simple minded tend to act out on it. Your attacker needs to be found and shown by society that what he did was wrong, that may be the only way he can get that type of information. He sure isn't getting it from his pals down at the pub.

Though you are in shock from the incident, it was nothing personal. He knows NOTHING about you so you shouldn't feel badly that it was somehow something you did to him. He was lashing out at a symbol, not you. You of course do not deserve anyone's hate and you will find much more support in this world than hate towards you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you shouldn't feel badly about yourself, which is a natural tendency in these cases. Best of luck to you.
    • 871 posts
    November 16, 2010 5:29 PM GMT
    Hiya Anna and big hugs huni. I am glad you had a positive experience with the police as has always been the case for me when I have had the misfortune to be victimised by an uncivilised individual.
    Love
    Penny
    x