Hoping to be me

• 456 posts
    March 24, 2003 5:09 PM GMT
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement - I'm sure I'll eventually get the confidence to be able to go out more but just getting the impetus is the hard bit
  • March 28, 2003 3:21 PM GMT
    I know where your coming from Tina I've been out fully dressed a few times and it's always scary that some one will find out your not what you appear to be. However it does feel good to go out and talk, walk, look, and act as if you were a real girl that is the most fun of all.
    • 1083 posts
    April 10, 2003 2:48 PM BST
    Tina, dear--

I am going to split the middle between Samantha and Anessa. In my tried and true fashioon, I'll take on the negatives first.

The more you go out, the greater likelihood you'll get read. It is a probability game in essence, the there is of x the greater probability of y occurring. You do need to be really careful where you gothese days anyway, and agagin, the more you're out...plus, just going out can mean little or nothing. The world IS a cold place to be a TV/TG in. People may not flock up to you to ask questions (unless you're Rikki).

Now the good stuff: Nothing will give you more of a lift, more of a confidence boost, than getting out en femme. There is no feeling like it in the world, and I think that once you get over the initial inertia, you will really relax and have a good time.

So--go for it. Enjoy yourself, and let us know how it went. Just be careful when you do.

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 539 posts
    April 10, 2003 11:58 PM BST
    I go out all the time now, so I have gotten over the initial fears. It is very liberating, and I highly recommend it. However, be careful and remember that there is safety in numbers. All it takes is one violent bigot to ruin the experience - or worse.

Heather H.
    • 456 posts
    March 23, 2003 7:18 PM GMT
    Ever since I joined Trannyweb I've been impressed by the stories and chat from so many people and the way they have rallied around and helped each other.

I am partly out of the closet - my wife knows and we have been away a few times where I have been Tina for a day at a time.

What comes next - my childen- grown up but still at home do not know - and no one else - apart from those who I have talked to here and those who have visited my website - knows.

Should I try and get out more - not sure if my SO would approve but I am at that crossroads when I want to take things forward but hae not the confidence to do so.

What do your think girls? Any advice would be gladly taken.
  • March 24, 2003 8:36 AM GMT
    Hi Tina,

I was where you are now in November of last year. Since then, I have been out walking en femme for one evening of almost every weekend. Last week I attended my first trannie meeting at a pub and I felt so liberated it was untrue. Just being able to order a drink at the bar and being able to touch up my make up in the ladies loo made me feel unbelievably sexy.

I have decided to enjoy life while I can - we only stop off here once!

Lisa
  • March 24, 2003 4:22 PM GMT
    Hi Tina,
    I kind of know where your comming from however I'm the one who lives at haome and dress when I can, However my parents will not alow me to dress, but what thay don't know wont hurt me.
    Anyway I think you should ask your SO and see what she thinks (some woman have a nack for this sort of thing not all though)I think this would be your best bet.
    Samantha
    • 456 posts
    March 30, 2003 12:27 AM GMT
    I agree with you Samanthat - the best part is feeling that you are being accepted - there is always the problem of what happens when you are spotted but that seems to diminish the more your go out.
    • 456 posts
    April 11, 2003 7:06 PM BST
    Thanks girls. I tend to agre with all here - there are pitfalls in going out but nothing beats the feeling of being able to pass. I'm still not sure I do it well but if you don't try who knows. Still I think I need to take tings slowly.
  • April 14, 2003 1:44 AM BST
    You will go out one day if you are a true CD I m semi retired now children gone. I dress openly after my wife found out with time she understood my needs.
    Not all women understand so be careful or u will be alone dressed with no where to go except alone and lonely. I first went oput away from home on business,dressing in motels before going out or when my wife was away. My wife never got along with my mother. One day she found an old B&W pic of me in a dress when I was 8.The pic showed me and a r girl both holding dolls,My mother dressed me as a girl often in those days. Knowing what my mother was like and what happened to me as a child helped my wife understand I think. I did look prety as a girl in my chidhood years What ever its not easy being a CD but fun when you are fully enfemme love joanna
    • 456 posts
    April 14, 2003 1:34 PM BST
    Thanks for your thoughts Joanna. I too am sure I will have the opportunity to both dress and go out - at the moment it is the frustration of not being able to do both as much as I want which is the problem.