out

• 2573 posts
    December 20, 2010 9:57 PM GMT
    fleur,

Many people here have shared your situation.
    • 1017 posts
    December 18, 2010 12:06 AM GMT
    Hi Fleur,

I've had three fairly long term relationships with genetic girls and, like you, I told them as soon as things got serious that I was transgendered. Luckily, each of them accepted who I am. It wasn't always easy, but we always managed to work out my life with their needs.

If you've been in a relationship with her for five years, it sounds fairly serious. I wouldn't avoid a serious conversation with her, rather I'd suggest finding a place where you both feel comfortable and talking out what she wants from you and vise versa. No relationship is without it's rough spots and a TG/GG one is potentially even more so.

Open communication is always better than each partner making the situation worse in their own mind (which it seems all humans are likely to do.)

I hope it all works out for both of you.

Best,
    Mellie
  • December 17, 2010 11:21 PM GMT

I told my girlfriend as soon as I met her who I am about homosexual relationship, my likeness to feminine clothing.I told her anyway that I was really happy being with her.

She fully accepted that. We are together for 5 years soon.

She thought I would need less girly fashion as I have her and a strong feminine impulse close to me. For couple of years, it was a bit slowing down. But, now, I feel urging needs being stronger of wearing these nice garments and being more girly. It doesn't change my love for her. Maybe because the girl power makes me less stressful and makes a lot quieter after a hard day working.

The thing is I don't want to talk to her now because I don't know how to put that out.

This next outing will be hard to handle. But, may be not ?

This is maybe the wrong forum to express this. But, I feel this place and the whole Gendersociety a place of peace.

Fleur