Those who reject

• July 13, 2004 7:07 AM BST
    Yesterday night I had a long conversation with a ts girl, who has just got her diagnosis. Her mother keeps on saying: "I just cannot see the woman in you". And that hurts her, even though she has decided not to care. If she maker herself pretty, she gets bitter comments, if she doesn´t, she feels miserable herself. I told her, there are persons who will continue saying that you look like a man, even if you would pass naked in the women´s sauna. Some people just cannot buy the idea of a son turning into a daughter.

Laura
  • July 13, 2004 7:53 AM BST
    Yes..this really doesn´t show. Until far in the HRT. My ex kept saying in her school class there was a girly boy. Her point was that "You recognize them anywhere". However, this guy didn´t turn out to be a ts or tv, but gay.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 13, 2004 8:55 AM BST
    Laura and Sandra
    Not all men who show there feminine side are all gay, its just the way some are. A friend at school was always very girly in the way he acted, his voice and the way he looked, he's now married with two chidren. So you can not always go on what people look and sound like.
    I feel sorry for your friend laura with the remarks she is getting, especially from her own mum but that is human nature to hurt people and not think of the consequences....love JJ xx
  • July 13, 2004 9:08 AM BST
    My friend´s mother´s point is that her son had a normal childhood, never showed a wish to play with girls or to have dolls or whatsoever. I had the dear doll in my early childhood, but as I learned how boys are supposed to be, and how I was supposed to act, I followed the wish of my parents. And kept my thoughts to me. At 5 I remember havig asked my dad, showing at my balls while peeing, how I could get rid of these. I cannot remember what he answered. But I remember I never asked it again.
    My point is, we learn to act how we are supposed to, and finally maybe even deny our real self.

Laura
  • July 13, 2004 9:24 AM BST
    I remember having read when still in the high school about a swedish schoolboy who returned after the summer vacation to the school as a schoolgirl. She was 14 or so...and her parents were behind the business. Then I read the article over and over again and dreamt my parents were that wise. Now it occurs to me if they were that clever...they could have made a major mistake.
    And still I wonder how that was possible...if it was true in the first place. In my country the minimum age for anything is 18...rather 20.

Laura
  • July 13, 2004 9:32 AM BST
    One possibility is that she was INTERSEXUAL. With chromosomes xxy. With intersexuals the parents can decide if the child will be corrigated into a girl or a boy. And that is bad. I know one intersexual boy, who was corrigated into a girl, because the parents thought he is closer to a girl than a boy. And didn´t ask the child about it. And now he is sour at the surgeon, who does not understand why the patient doesn´t like the beautiful vagina he constructed. SAD.

Laura