Coming to America

• 430 posts
    December 5, 2010 1:17 PM GMT
    It looks like my friends have managed to convince me to go with them on holiday to the US.

I havent yet had my leave approved from work but if I get it approved I will be headed to Las Vegas June 1st 2011. I'll be meeting my friends who will be on their from Miami. We'll spend a couple of days in Vegas before driving to LA for a few days.

I've never been to the US before or been particularly keen on either Vegas or LA, so I guess I need to know from the US sisters.... what is a must do? I'm not keen on the Grand Canyon or the Hoover dam either, that I do know.

Any ideas much appreciated.

• 34 posts
    February 24, 2011 9:32 PM GMT
    Hope you got the approvals, if so, lucky you!

Depends how long you've got, but I'd try to up to Yosemite, across to San Francisco and then down the coast road to LA.

Enjoy!

Angharrad
    • 364 posts
    February 25, 2011 3:09 AM GMT
    If you are flying into LA, remember your departure airport as there is more than 1 international airport.

I have only visited Disneyland and surrounds so I cannot comment on LA.

However I enjoyed San Francisco.
    • 114 posts
    March 17, 2011 3:42 PM GMT
    What sort of things interest you? Do you like the outdoors? Shopping? Historical?

There are a wide range of opportunities to be found in the areas to which you'll be traveling. You've identified things that do not interest you. Give us an idea of things that do interest you.
    • 252 posts
    March 18, 2011 3:21 PM GMT
    Vegas...gambling...food...shows...sex and drugs...oh, and shopping!! Lots of good shopping!! Oh, and have jumbo shrimp while you are there. Nothing is as absurb as eating jumbo shrimp in the middle of the desert.

• 430 posts
    March 21, 2011 9:38 AM GMT
    Thanks for your replies ladies, but sadly I'm not going just yet now.

I have been working very hard and need a holiday, but have started building myself a online travel adventure company so need to divert my funds for a while. With any luck things will go well and I'll travel internationally alot and do it as a tax deduction as it will be a "work expense"