New weight loss photo

• 308 posts
    February 12, 2011 6:57 AM GMT
    Congrats Zoe, a very impressive accomplishment.
    If I may ask, what type of weight loss program are you on? You are certainly on the right path.
    I am fortunate in that I never had a weight problem, and it drives my wife nuts, I generally eat what I wish, and she puts on the weight. This is a sensitive topic for her, so any tips that I can learn, I would really like to pass them on to her.
    Thanks...Tammy
  • February 5, 2011 1:46 PM GMT
    Well done, that's impressive.

I'm in the sixth month of keep fit, sensible eating, and I'm aiming for 6 lbs per month. I'm currently exceeding that by about a pound, 35 lbs in 5 months - I must admit I'm enjoying the process and feeling the benefit, hopefully you are too.

• 1980 posts
    February 5, 2011 2:23 PM GMT
    <LOL> Whoops!

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 252 posts
    February 5, 2011 2:33 AM GMT
    Thanks Joni!! But actually, when I said I was looking for help, I was mostly wondering why my photo seems to not be loading right.

Z
  • February 7, 2011 2:22 PM GMT
    140pounds in 14 months is impressive by any standard. well done Zoe.

Now go get some slim fitting tops'n'skirts in pretty feminine colours that will show you are getting a figure. Your days of being a slob are at an end.

• 252 posts
    February 7, 2011 12:58 PM GMT
    Cool!! My sister lives in the Emerald City. It's been awhile since I've been there, but I miss it. Especially the Music Experience exhibit!!

Z
    • 1980 posts
    February 12, 2011 3:31 PM GMT
    Good for you, Zoe.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1980 posts
    February 3, 2011 6:44 PM GMT
    Hi Zoe-

Girl, I can't see that you're doing anything wrong. I mean, I'm no diet expert or nutritionist, but I sure have fought with losing weight myself and it never seems to go quickly enough. Most Dr's would tell you that slow but steady loss is what you should aim for, my own Doc tells me that loss of 2-5 lbs per month is perfectly acceptable. Ha! What does she know? She probably weighs 110 with a brick in each pocket of her little white Dr jacket. Tramp!<lol>

Frankly, I think you have done amazingly well, from 380 to 241 in a year is wonderful. Good for you, I'm envious. Keep up the good work.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 252 posts
    February 12, 2011 3:12 PM GMT
    To reply further, I don't see myself as a slob. I always saw myself as kind of a dykey punk girl. But I guess if I look like a slob, I look like a slob. I've always kind of liked my personal style. I do wear skirts on occasion, but I always come back to jeans, t-shirts and wrist bands. I've had many (many) trans women ask me why I didn't wear more dresses and feminine clothes. I guess it's because I feel comfortable in what I wear.

Now, I won't lie, when I first came out and I was huge, I did shy away from dresses. This was probably due to my size and the fact that my feet had swelled up and I couldn't fit into any female shoes. However, I've always thrown in a skirt here and there.

The other part of my "slob appeal" is probably due to my poverty. When I was fat and poor, I didn't have a choice number of choices. In fact, there was a total of one store in the area where I could shop. At my biggest, I was a size 32.

Now, I'm a 16/18. I have the ability to shop at more stores but still am in poverty so my range of clothes still will not be huge, unless I meet someone who wants to "keep" me.

But right now I'm happy with my clothes. Happy with my weight loss. Eventually, I hope to be happy with my body. The big one...I'm happy with me.

Z
    • 252 posts
    February 12, 2011 2:46 PM GMT
    I'm a slob? LOL
    • 252 posts
    February 12, 2011 2:56 PM GMT
    I had Roux-en-y gastric bypass on march 15.

I don't eat too many carbs now. Not because carbs are "bad" but because my tummy is so small now and I can't fill it with meaningless carbs because I could be filling the limited space with protein, veggies or fruit.

The really important thing about this surgery is following the plan, forever. That is:

Three small meals. Heavy on lean protein and veggies.

Protein supplements. I get protein powder and combine with ice chips and skim milk and make two protein shakes a day.

Daily: Double multivitamins, an additional B-12, Iron and double calcium. The double vitamins are because of the "bypass" part of the surgery. I am bypassing part of the intestines so the vitamins don't get completely used, so I must take twice as much.

And then just add exercise. As much exercise as you can handle without getting burned out.

Z
  • February 12, 2011 2:32 PM GMT
    to diet and eat healthy just remember two things:

white food = fat as in white potatoes or white flour products are just starch with minimum vitamins and get turned into fat
    coloured food = slim as in a dish of veg will fill the tummy but have very few calories and plenty of vitamins and minerals.

the stupid boy in Half Ton Son program ate double cheese double burgers and double fries and when his mother gave him a bowl with a spoonful of green beans he took one look and put them aside.
    • 252 posts
    February 6, 2011 6:11 AM GMT
    Let's try it this time. The key in the first post still applies...

Z
    • 1980 posts
    February 6, 2011 5:13 PM GMT
    Yay, it worked! Wow, good for you girl, I don't know what to say except to keep on doing what you're doing, as far as the weight loss thing...and, I guess, the posing pix thing,too. The change is so amazing, you must be so happy and proud of yourself, at least I know I would be.

And hey, whatzup with the Seattle t-shirt? Are you a local girl? I glanced at your profile and it says Iowa. Do you visit Seattle once in awhile? If you do, next time you're here let's grab a cup of coffee together or something.

Best wishes, keep up the good work.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 252 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:09 AM GMT
    Here it is. I had jury duty, which pushed back my 9 month check to 10 months. Here is the "key":

1. Dec. 2009- 380 lbs.
    2. June 2010- 300 lbs.
    3. Sept. 2010- 268 lbs.
    4. Jan. 2011- 241 lbs.

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/ATrivialGirl/?action=view¤t=Progress4.jpg

I don't know why this pic isn't loading right so here's the addy.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Z