The Need

• 2358 posts
    February 3, 2011 9:33 AM GMT
    I have been giving this some considerable thought over the last few weeks, we are getting a few more members who are female to male transitionists, this is the Gender society, all encompassing I think we need a forum dedicated to them, so far the membership is predominately male to female Crossdressers, TV's & TS etc all wrapped up in our own problems and little world, how many of us know anything about whats involved with the other side of the coin. I would like to start a new forum where they can ask questions of each other get advice and support from all of us, perhaps we can all learn something. Any thoughts?
    • 2358 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:47 PM GMT
    Thankyou Lillith.

Six or seven that I know of, without trolling through 25000 profiles. Perhaps hundreds more have visited this site and not found what they are looking for, people like ourselves looking for answers, support and help. We are a in the minority and I read somewhere only 4% of transexuals are female to male, thats being disadvantaged to say the least.
    • 110 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:39 PM GMT
    Hi Christine,I think it's a great idea. I'm not sure how many female to male transitionists are members of this site but having their own forum would be great.if it helps them it's got to be worth doing.After all they are going to be coming up against a lot of different problems to the male to female members. Take care love Lillith x
  • February 10, 2011 7:15 PM GMT
    Hi hun i would like to help u out if u need anything just ask me ok hun.
    • 1980 posts
    February 11, 2011 7:45 PM GMT
    Hi Kian-

As one of the moderators here, I just wanted to take a moment to say hello. I see from your profile that you've been with us for over a year but have only posted once. That's perfectly okay and very understandable, but I hope that we will hear more from you in the future. While TGS has and always will be as inclusive as we can make it, we are also doing our best to emphasize that all inclusiveness during our makeover and transition to our new home.

Kian, if you don't mind, could you do me a favor and post a hello on one of the forums that I moderate, The Welcome Forum? I would appreciate it. I'd also like to let you know that you are very welcome here, I hope you'll find friendship, supoort, resources and information as well as a community of like minded people. If you need any help, please let me or any one of the other moderators know.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2358 posts
    February 11, 2011 7:05 PM GMT
    The forum is now up and running
    • 110 posts
    February 3, 2011 6:49 PM GMT
    Hi Christine and Joni Mari. I totally agree with you both. I didn't know only 4% of transexuals are ftm but that is more reason to cater for them here. Being part of the 96% I found it very hard to find help and support anywhere until I found this site so for them It must extremely difficult. Like Joni Mari said and what I was trying to get at earlier some problems they face will be the same as ours whilst other will just be exclusive to them so their own forum must be a great help to them. Great thread Christine. Take care love Lillith x
    • 2358 posts
    February 3, 2011 7:24 PM GMT
    Hiya.
    Of course it would be moderated by, someone who represents that part of the TS spectrum, and would be free for everyone to join in, offer support, ask questions. without getting too personal, It was only by a casual remark and a chance discovery on stuff I was researching I found out about some aspects of the surgery involved with a female to male and is basically only cosmetic, When I have found a couple of people to mod the forum, who can commit to putting in the time and effort, I will arrange a launch.
    • 1980 posts
    February 3, 2011 6:27 PM GMT
    Hi Cristine-

I absolutely agree that we should have a seperate forum for FtM members. While they are not quite as thick on the ground as us MtF types, there are quite a few and they have problems similar to ours as well as ones unique to them and need help, support, resources and friendship just as we all do. FWIW, I do know a couple of FtM men who are members of a group I belong to here in Seattle and we have had some interesting if too brief conversations. I also feel that such a forum should be moderated by someone who is FtM, if someone can be found to take that on, and while it should not be "exclusive" (ie, anyone who wishes can post to it), I think it should be closely supervised so as not to cause offense from misunderstandings. Goddess, knows we can be contentious enough amongst ourselves on occasion.

Hugs...Joni Mari