Blogger

• July 16, 2004 6:51 PM BST
    Can any one help? How does the blogger work? Dumb question I know but I can't seem to get to read other girls' blogs other than the top 20 and the featured ones. When I access the blog area I get my screen to put up my blogs, but there doesn't seem to be a way...at least to some one as computer illiterate as me...to find other girls blogs. Please explain Is it restricted to paying members??
    • 1198 posts
    July 16, 2004 7:22 PM BST
    Thats right Joni, bit if you type the persons name in the search box followed by blog ie:- Jomi's blog, you find the persons blog you are looking for.....love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 16, 2004 8:13 PM BST
    Joni i love that icon babe, the flower just sets your face a glow and your smile is so radiant.....love JJ xx
    • 614 posts
    July 17, 2004 9:21 AM BST
    Tina

i am one of those people that has used that help files a couple of times , and no i no u rite them thank u they bin a great help
  • July 17, 2004 2:40 PM BST
    Thanks Joni Marie, what you suggest is what I've been trying, but your right...only 48? It doesn't seem a lot, and though I've put some blogs up...no great earth shattering thoughts, just a random thought or two and not very profound, I don't see my name in the alphabetic list, and if I put a search in for "Rachel Rebecca's blog" no matches are found. It's not like I expect a response or anything, but at the moment only I can read them...and there's not much point in that. I'm a shy kind of girl who's trying to figure out how much of me is Rachel and a blog seems like a good way for me to relate my feelings.

Tina, Where is the help on the blog page. I click help on the top bar and get a message that no help is available.

• 1980 posts
    July 16, 2004 7:13 PM BST
    Hi RR-

If you click on Tranny Blogger it'll open the main page and on the right there's a link to Directory of Blogs or something like that. Click on it and a second page will open and on the left is another link called Tranny Blogs, click it and an alphabetical list will open. Or you can search by member name. (It says there's only 48 blogs, can that be right?)

At least that's what happens when I open it, but I'm a paid member, so I don't know if I get a different screen or not. I don't think it's just for paying members but it might be.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon

• 1980 posts
    July 16, 2004 7:53 PM BST
    JJ, have I told you how much I like your icon? Pensive and sweet.

Hugs, Joni
    • 456 posts
    July 16, 2004 11:33 PM BST
    Amazingly enough when the blogger first came out we had an awful time trying to work out how the thing worked so I wrote some help files - Katie added these to the help area on the blogger - I wonder how many people try to use help or are we too good at using this medium that we don't need it - sorry that sounds pompous - too much wine
    • 1980 posts
    July 17, 2004 2:50 PM BST
    Hi Rachel-

Hmm, not really a blogger myself, so I guess I've exhausted any suggestions I have, but I bet Tina can help, or Katie.

And as far as shy goes, somedays I feel shy, too (I do so! Stop laughing, JJ!) and some days I don't. You can always share your feelings here. You may get responses that range from "oh you poor thing" to "oh good grief girl, wake up and smell the cofee!" but you won't be judged for who and what you are or for sharing how you feel about it.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
    • 456 posts
    July 17, 2004 3:08 PM BST
    Info on that page changed so help was not useful - will write another - if u want to email me Rachel I can probably help you out
    • 2127 posts
    July 18, 2004 12:10 PM BST
    Ooops, sorry - only just saw this post. It's been a busy week!

Yes, there are still a few blogger pages with no help. We'll try to get that sorted soon.

This site has thousands of pages. It's gonna take a long time to get help files written for all of them. If anyone wants to help I'd be most grateful.

Hugs,

Katie x