The Last Days Of Our Old Site...

• 2127 posts
    March 6, 2011 2:22 PM GMT
    Yes, I know I've said that we are nearly there several times before but this time I really think we are. I can feel it in my water, so to speak!

We are currently just tidying up some loose ends and installing a few new bits and some upgrades and then finally, our new site will be ready to launch. A word of warning though... When it does go live, there's every chance on the first day, that a number of features will simply stop working and when you click on a link to access them, they might even give you an error message.

This is because a lot of our new software programs are licensed to work only on the development domain we've been using for the last nine months. As soon as we change it for gendersociety.com, some of the licenses will become invalid. The only way to know for sure which items we're talking about will be to do it and see what breaks.

It shouldn't take long to get new licenses in place and change paths but I don't want you to think that after all this time we've got a site that just doesn't work.

There might also be a few bits missing initially, like Frock Magazine and The Trib, but they will be back shortly. Again, it's mainly down to licenses and file paths and stuff.

Anyway, that's what we have to look forward to in the next few days. We'll start with a soft launch and then maybe we'll have an official launch in a week or two. That'll be another excuse for a party and you know I love to party.

I really hope you'll like what we've done for you. It's taken ages and cost a fortune but we think that like the L'Oréal girls, you're worth it!

Hugs, Katie x
  • March 6, 2011 2:42 PM GMT
    Looking forward to it, Katie!!

• 114 posts
    March 6, 2011 10:19 PM GMT
    Much good luck!