International/World Womens Day

• 404 posts
    March 8, 2011 1:05 PM GMT
    Hi everyone,

today is the 100th International / World Womens Day.

Have fun!

Lynn H.
    • 1980 posts
    March 8, 2011 4:52 PM GMT
    Darn you, Lynn, you beat me to it!<lol> I was going to post the same thing and urge everyone on TGS to perhaps observe a personal moment of silence in solidarity with women around the world. Today, btw, is also the 100th anniversary of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, a horrible tragedy in American history.

A hug to all of you...Joni Mari
  • March 8, 2011 8:42 PM GMT
    Interesting statistic for U.S. -

Disparity on male / female pay gap is narrowing....

Used to be women got paid 65 cents for every Dollar a man made

New Statistic

Women now make 82 cents for every dollar. Progress being made, although slow.

Bad news side

Women head of households now exceeds 42% of all households in U.S.

So when I transition I can expect to earn about 20% less?

Ouch!

MichelleLynn
  • March 10, 2011 12:17 AM GMT
    How is this for effect? the video is good in it too.

http://www.vancouversun.c[...]ry.html

Louise
  • March 15, 2011 12:27 AM GMT
    I guess I can't write good copy to entice readers. My lead-in above is rather empty, isn't it? Well, if you you didn't look at the link, it's Daniel Craig, alias James Bond, in drag, with Dame Judi Dench narrating, for International/ World Women's Day, and asking if "we're" equal yet. I thought it it was a provocative article when combined with the video. Except for the walk, 007 could maybe pass. Any other opinions?

Louise
    • 308 posts
    March 17, 2011 4:57 AM GMT
    Interesting video, and story. Louise. Although I thought the comments were slightly more positive about Daniel Craig in drag, compared to the thoughts concerning women's equity. Now what does that say about male view point. I know it is a very limited cross section of real world view points.
    Now Daniel Craig dressed, she would be a positive image for our community.