Coming out to my friend

• March 9, 2011 6:14 PM GMT
    I've been working on slowly telling the people in my life who are important about who I really am. It's been taking several months in between each person because I'm a little nervous, which I know most of us are. I'm finding that as I go along it gets a little easier. So, yesterday I went with my wife and had a long lunch with one of my oldest friends. This woman has helped me with so much in the past with a previous failed marriage and an attempted suicide which was the result of the failed marriage. Anyways during the course of the lunch I finally told her and told her that in a year when I move I'm going to try to go full time (I know this can be easier said then done and everyone has their own ideas how to do it). She took it extreamley well. In fact she said that was one of the first things that she expect when I told her we needed to get together for lunch and talk. She is so supportive and has offered to help me with anything I need including the whole make-up issue,hair, clothes and everything else. Which is a good thing since my wife and mother never do much with most of that. Anyways it made me feel a lot better and her and my wife want to be with me once our other friend gets back to town and I tell her.
    I know everyone has fears and doubts. I also know many have horror stories. I am extremely lucky that the friends I chose early on apparently know me better than I knew myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to."
    ~Epictetus
  • March 10, 2011 4:47 PM GMT
    Hi Megan,
    You have a TRUE Friend in her!!!

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 14 posts
    March 13, 2011 8:17 PM GMT
    Hi, Megan!!
    That sounds like a true friend and a very positive coming out experience. Hope you
    get support like that from everybody. You will surely get support from
    us girls here on TW. Seeya!
    • 114 posts
    March 13, 2011 8:19 PM GMT
    You are so brave! :-)

Bravo to your understanding wife and friend!! :-)
    • 308 posts
    March 14, 2011 6:01 AM GMT
    I congratulate you for your brave strides Megan. We all have our individual paths that are similar but personal. Your choice as others before you have brought our community into the light, in the last twenty or so years. There was a time we could of gotten arrested, and now look at us....We've come a long way baby.
    Huggs...Tammy