My Court Case

• 871 posts
    April 20, 2011 12:55 PM BST

If you haven’t heard,

In January, whilst I was walking back home from shopping. There is a lovely riverside route which I take and a foot bring which traverses the river. As I approached the river 2 young adults called me a weirdo, pervert, paedophile and threatened to beat me up and throw me in the river.

The police were there in 10 minutes and the 2 young adults were arrested. I went to court a couple of weeks ago as a prosecution witness and gave evidence on the stand. The 2 young adults were convicted of section 4A and section 5 of the anti-social behaviour act. I haven’t heard what sentence they were given but I should imagine it was several hours of community service.

Although I didn’t need the incident I found the subsequent action and support from the police, victim support, witness support an extremely good, supporting and a positive experience. The outcome is that I feel my liberty and my freedom to enjoy my sense of freedom has been upheld and I am very happy with the outcome.

My point in posting this is that I would like to encourage people from being afraid from enjoying their sense of freedom because your liberties will be upheld by the authorities.

Much love

Penny

xxx

• 136 posts
    April 20, 2011 11:53 PM BST

" I haven’t heard what sentence they were given but I should imagine it was several hours of community service."

I would like to suggest bringing back locking this sort of offender ina public square, in "stocks"

Maybe not politically correct.... I'm just sayin'

I'm glad you were not physically assaulted.

All my best,

Nicole