Question for Pre-post opt

• 308 posts
    April 26, 2011 6:19 AM BST

Something that I have been curious about.  Now I know that when someone goes on hormones, they can reduce the growth of the prostate. But has any TS, pre or post opt had any problems in this area?

After the operation for the finale solution, they do leave this in. 

Just wondering.....Tammy 

• 136 posts
    April 28, 2011 6:43 AM BST

Tammy,

I simply had to respond to this one; "pre-post-op" indeed! 

Hormone therapy (in typical pre-op dosage) will cause the prostate to shrink significantly, as well as the testes, diminish or even eliminate ejaculate (***). The prostate is retained, because without it, orgasm is next to impossible. (It is possible even then, as the real orgasm is in the brain.)

I hope you find this helpful.

• 308 posts
    May 1, 2011 7:56 AM BST

Thanks Nicole,

The question was something that I wondered about. My urologist told me that if we live long enough, it will develop into cancer. This is something that I am dealing with now, and thought I would ask the question.

Actually I did not even expect an answer.

Sorry if the pre-post op offended anyone, just thought it was a short way of directing the question.

Tammy

• 136 posts
    May 2, 2011 2:01 AM BST

Tammy, your selection of words tickled me, "pre-post"! 

Have a great dayLaughing

• 308 posts
    May 2, 2011 6:36 AM BST

Thanks Nicole,

I thought I had offended someone.

Huggs...Tammy

• May 2, 2011 7:19 AM BST

With the removal of the prostate pre Op only a cosmetic vagina is possable as they use the prostate to anchour the neo vagina in place.

• 308 posts
    May 3, 2011 4:58 AM BST

Thank you Tracy for the reply. You just answered another question I had about this subject.

Huggs...Tammy