I'm out now!

• 22 posts
    May 4, 2011 4:47 AM BST

So, maybe I should share how I came out.

So, heres how it started. I'm currently bisexual. So, I first came out to my bf. I was shaking in my pants to be honest.

But, then I came out to my roomie and a bunch of my friends. And surprisingly they have been so supportive of me and change. But, I'm still working on parents and so on.

I've found services that are available to me. In my area meaning and my therapist has been helping me with so much! She's found me an endocrinologist as well as other support groups available to me.

But, before all this mumbo jumbo nonsense. I was self medicating (Bad Idea). I realize now that having what I didn't have then is totally worth it when it comes down to it.

I was afraid to come out to everyone. My thoughts were what would they think? Would I lose some of my friends over this? Would I be thought of and saw differently in the eyes of my friends and family?

My family so far does not know yet! But, it won't be too long until they find out. I think they would be supportive but I don't know yet. So, this is the reason I want them to be the last to tell. I see it as I can get a feel for how they feel on the topic.

I don't see where they wouldn't support me but I'm still afraid anyhow. Maybe someone has the experience in that matter? Please feel free to comment on my post and share your stories as well.

-Nexy

This post was edited by Melissa Aleronzo at May 4, 2011 4:49 AM BST
  • May 5, 2011 7:01 PM BST

like most of us you will find that some family and some friends will be OK and want you to be yourself while others will be opposed to it to some degree.

Only way is to come out to them all and take what comes.

It isn't easy.

• 22 posts
    May 6, 2011 1:27 AM BST

Nope, I'll agree it isn't. But, so far everyone that I have come out too has been quite supportive of it. Which is nice.

• 434 posts
    May 9, 2011 4:31 AM BST

Nexy, at least you have started to tell people - and that is the first step on a wonderful road. Sometimes telling an Aunt or cousin can be helpful as well. I thought my Children would not take it well - but I found out they new a long time before that.

The point is...we all have our own "special cir***stances" and considerations we have to take into account and you have at least "put your foot in the door"

Good luck hun

-----------------------

"The vagabond who's rapping at your door
    Is standing in the clothes that you once wore."

• 22 posts
    May 9, 2011 3:32 PM BST
    Doanna Highland said:

Nexy, at least you have started to tell people - and that is the first step on a wonderful road. Sometimes telling an Aunt or cousin can be helpful as well. I thought my Children would not take it well - but I found out they new a long time before that.

The point is...we all have our own "special cir***stances" and considerations we have to take into account and you have at least "put your foot in the door"

Good luck hun

-----------------------

"The vagabond who's rapping at your door
    Is standing in the clothes that you once wore."

Yep, I totally agree doanna. And thanks for your feedback

• June 3, 2011 5:35 PM BST

Sounds like you are doing well. My family is ok with me but it was hard on my parents, especially my dad. My children are more suportive than I feared but lost most of my old friends. I do have alot of nice new friends however but it was a long rough road for sure.......... best of luck hun

This post was edited by Former Member at June 3, 2011 5:35 PM BST