How karen t did it

• 13 posts
    May 15, 2011 4:42 AM BST

I  started  like  most  girls  here  collecting  fem  stuff  when i  was about  15 .  I wore  some  of the  stuff  i  had  but  i would  do it  mostly  at night  in my  room since  i lived  at home  with  my  brother  and  my mother . As  i got  older and  my colletion  grew  i started  to  have  doubts about  the reall reasion why  i was  dressing .  So with  that said  I "purged " at the age  of 22 . When  I  started  college  i  was  getting those urges  to dress  again  so  i started  to  do as  befor and  collect  stuff .  A few  years  later  i  started  to  keep  my collection  in my  night table  it was a  2  drawer office  filing  cabnet  .  one  night  after  beeing  away  all day  my  mom  asked  about  what  she  had  found  in my  night  table .  At  the  time  I  was  28  and  I  was  totaly  scared  to tell anyone  about  just  what  i  had  been doing all this  years . So  one  night  after  coming home from  classes  I  came  up with  the  idea  of  writing  my  mom  a  letter. At that  time  I  wanted  to  explain to her  that  I was  not doing anthing  "bad".  I told her  all about  the fem  stuff  she seen  and  stuff  she  knew  nothing about  that  i had  hid  . I wanted to  all so  make  it  clear  to her  that  i was  not  some  freak  or  a  sexual  pervert . I told  her  that  i was  not  "gay"  and  i would  not  do anything  to  cause  her  greef. I told  her that  from time  to time  i  like  to "play  dress up " and  that  i did  it  at  home  at  night  and  at  other  places  alone . I  had  held  on to that  letter  for  a  few  years  cause  i felt  there  was a  proper time  and place  for sush things  . That  time  came   cause  i was  getting to the point  i did  nt want  to hide  karen nomore  .  So  one day  i  got up  early  in the  morning  preparing  for a  out  of town  day  trip  and  i  placed  the  "letter" on the  kitchen  table . when i returned  later that evening , mom  came to  me  and said  she  read  the  letter  and that  she was  not mad all she asked  was "time " to deal  with  it .  So  I  gave  her  all summer  to do that  and  in the  fall she came  to me  one day and  said .  IF I chose  to dress this way  she  would  not stop  me  or  if  i wanted to go out  "en fem  " it was  my  call .  Shortly  after  i came  out to her  my  only brother  said  "he "  was  cool with  me  dressing and would  support  me .

• May 16, 2011 3:17 AM BST

Wow hun. THis is impressive I wish I had this kind of support but alais I don't

• 6 posts
    May 19, 2013 3:07 AM BST

You are a beautiful person and your mom and brother recognize how beautiful you are.

This post was edited by Wanda Stephens at February 3, 2015 2:36 AM GMT
  • July 2, 2013 2:58 PM BST

WOW I love the letter idea. My family know my secret, including my kids, but if I ever need to give advice about coming out this will be the number one suggestion. Cheers....