Just an update.

• May 25, 2011 9:30 PM BST

Recently my wife as been looking fo a job in a city about three hours from where we live. She is trying to get closer to the ocean to study marine biology. Since our daughter has been with her grandma in another stae we took the oppurtunity for me to express myself as who I realy am.

A few weeks ago we had been checking out apartments in the new town and the first time I was dressed as a man. However the second time we went back to fill out the application and see if we could get approved for when we were ready I went dressed as a woman. At first the manager didn't recognize me until she saw my wife. When she did realize what was going on she didn't say anything and kept with getting everything set up. While this may not seem like a lot her reaction helped to make me feel more comfortable. As the day went on I became more comfortable as we were dropping off the applications at my wife's potential employers.

She had received a call for an interview a week later so we went back and again I dressed as a woman. We even did some shopping. It is amazing how simply being called ma'am or people reffering to me and my wife as ladiescan boost the confidence.

When I told my best freinds they both said "I toldyou so." They have been trying to tell me for years even before I told them that I was trans that I acted "way to much like a woman." Since I have told them they have been trying to convince me that I don't have anything to worry about because they way I act and my physical features are not masculine and that I can pass as a woman.

In addition while I haven't told my father yet I have told several close friends and relatives. None have been surprised at all. I guess the point is that for those who are worried you should trust that you have surrounded your self with people that know you better then you think and that they are able to handle you for who you are. Being the opposite gender from what you appear on the outside does not make you a different person. 

• 434 posts
    May 26, 2011 1:58 PM BST

Congratulations Megan. It looks like you are "well on your way"

Hugs!

• May 28, 2011 6:49 PM BST

Megan -Congratz!   Isn't it funny how much your close friends already know, and how much we worry over their reactions.  May your upcoming move be smooth, as well as establishing yourself in a new city as Megan.

Hugz,

Michelle

This post was edited by Former Member at May 28, 2011 6:50 PM BST
  • May 29, 2011 3:48 AM BST

Thank you both, and yes Michelle it is funny.

• May 30, 2011 11:19 AM BST

if aperson is transsexual they will show female body and face language when they are too preoccupied with daily trivia to ensure that it is hidden.lots of us have hte experience of hearing people say 'you're just like a woman' when we get busy doing things and our guard is down.I say it confirms the inner person but lots of people who don't have naturale femaleness dispute it.

• May 31, 2011 10:54 PM BST

That seems to be my case. I never realized that I had let my guard down as much as I have. At least around certain people. I have been told the "you're just like a woman" line. Especially when I've been tryto help my friends with their problems including a few guys who want to know what they were doing wrong. I guess I should have spent a little less tim trying to cover up who I am because it apparently didn't work with those that are closest to me.