My Lady Friend's girl friends

• 16 posts
    July 15, 2011 1:28 AM BST

Well I may have stepped in it this time.  A lady friend of mine has many girl friends and it appears that she has told them all of about my cross dressing and has even showed them my pictures.  They all want to meet me and go out for an evening on the town.  i have to admit that I am really rather nervous about all of it and I am not quite sure how to take it.  I don't know if I have been accepted into the sister hood as one of them or I'm just the new novelty on the block.  i have been told that they are all very curious about me and want to see how well I do in public as one of them said, "I love your heels but can you walk in them," LOL.  So....

I have to admit girls, I am not sure how to procede, comments and help please

• 434 posts
    July 15, 2011 3:23 AM BST

Perhaps you shouldn't go "out on the town" with them at first, but rather, meet them at your home (or your lady friends house) for the evening. You Lady Friend can give you support and the experiance will give you more confidence.

• 41 posts
    July 15, 2011 4:14 AM BST

If you do go "out on the town" with them ,Try to include somewhere you've been and feel comfortable.Your home or your friend's home for an evening is an excellent idea.Confidence is everything.Hugs,Jan

• July 15, 2011 7:04 AM BST

Interesting dilema.  Do what you feel comfortable with and keep safe.   For me, I have TG sisters that go out on Friday evenings to a club and just have a girls night out.  I hope someday to have GG friends that I could also just have a girls night out with as well.

If you are accepted by these girls and not just a curiousity, then you are truly blessed.

Michelle

• 1017 posts
    July 15, 2011 11:21 PM BST

Hi Shirley,

I recently found myself in a very similar situation:

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/8132/the-nicest-compliment

(Forget the link above, TGS doesn't support URLs in Forum Posts, even internal ones.

Instead go to Forums/Passing in Public/ The Nicest Compilment)

It worked out very well for me, hope things are as good for you.

Best, Mellie

This post was edited by Melody Anders at July 15, 2011 11:26 PM BST
    • 16 posts
    July 16, 2011 1:58 AM BST

Wow Thanks Girls,

As expected you all nailed it.  great comments and very sage advise. Yes I do have some control over this event.   Wish me luck, of course I'll report back. 

• 126 posts
    July 16, 2011 10:40 AM BST

Go for it Shirley!

I did something very similar myself over 4 years ago and it was amazing!

Get stuck in and enjoy being out in a group of GG'sTongue out

• July 16, 2011 2:35 PM BST

I've had some great nights out with GG friends.  Just being "one of the girls" is a wonderful feeling.  It sounds like an opportunity not to be missed.  Get on your best dress and get out there!

• July 16, 2011 9:01 PM BST

Shirley

Here's wishing you good luck, if you feel comfortable with the situation and they accept you then it will truly feel special, enjoy - hugz

Susie xx

• August 4, 2011 2:22 AM BST

This is great shirly. I would suggest perhaps doing lunch with your main friend and a couple of others, if possible. I'm very carefull about who I would invite to my home, but meetings during the day work very well, and if your work schedule dosent allow it, then what about saturday or sunday. Brunch? This has worked well for me, as I'm not really into "clubbing" or things like that.

Michelle S.

• 1195 posts
    August 4, 2011 7:26 PM BST

Well? How did the "event" go?

hugs

Gracie

• August 5, 2011 2:51 AM BST

Do what you think is right I think have them meet you at your lady friend's house &have a night in is a good first step & if they can help you out with some of the things you do wrong then you can do them right when you DO go out on the town. As a lot of the girls above have stated stay safe.

• August 7, 2011 3:51 PM BST

So Shirley

Simply dying to know how the evening went for you?

Susie