bum injection

• July 26, 2011 8:59 PM BST
    I am a young pre-op trans-girl based in the UK, and I am currently considering having a bum injection. I would very much like to hear from anyone who's had it done. In particular, I would be interested in the following info: location, doctor, cost, before and after, side effects, reputable UK and overseas surgeons, recovery period, etc. Many thanks in advance! Sophia x
  • July 27, 2011 4:36 AM BST

Hmmmm....

If you are refering to silicone injections to the buttocks, it is HIGHLY inadvised. It looks bad and can migrate. Think about that. Goopy silicone moving around under your skin (making a gross lumpy mess), occasionally migrating OUT of your skin (that means it painfully oozes out of your skin). No reputatable surgeon or injectionist will do this procedure. 

If you are refering to a "Brazillian Buttlift", where they lipo fat from your abdomen, puree it and reinject it into your butt, that procedure is pretty common and has good results, though you are not supposed to sit down for something like 10 days afterwards... which makes for a long bus ride home

Good luck with your choice. 

• 1652 posts
    July 27, 2011 9:50 AM BST

There are lots of injections you can have in your bum. I had one once when I was going abroad...

Really Sophia, you need to be more specific.

xx

• July 27, 2011 10:06 AM BST

Thanks Lucy and Jennifer! I am just looking for a nice increase of my my bum size with a nice round shape. What would be advisable? 

Lucy, can you give me more info about your bum injection; same info I requested in my original question (see above)?

thanks

Sophia xx

• 1652 posts
    July 27, 2011 10:55 AM BST

Sorry Sophia I was just beeing cheeky (sorry again!)

It was just a jab to prevent some tropical disease or something...

You can't just "get an injection" to make your bum fuller; many people have died from silicone injections, it's total insanity and as Jennifer says, no doctor will do it. Liposuction and fat transfer is quite a major undertaking (ever seen it done on the telly, it's scary), and you need enough fat elsewhere to be able to do that. Having implants is serious surgery, and there could be several problems, short or long-term.

There's no quick fix and it's going to cost you, but if you're serious about it you need to start doing some serious research to see what your options are. Google will certainly point you in a few directions...

xx

• July 27, 2011 1:18 PM BST

This post was edited by Former Member at September 15, 2011 10:03 AM BST
  • July 27, 2011 3:44 PM BST

Smile  Wearing high heels helps smiles. Tongue out

• 181 posts
    August 20, 2011 7:58 PM BST

I dunno, I have seen it done and I won't recomend it ! There are too many chances for something to go out of control , desease , and long term ill effects . Jus don't ! ellen

• August 21, 2011 12:25 PM BST

Hormones will do the trick eventually.  I looked at the same sort of treatments myself and there is a place in London, they use a filler like tha ones on lips but the down side is it only lasts around 18 months and the cost is £2500 each time 

Leanne

• 1652 posts
    August 21, 2011 12:56 PM BST

If you really want to go down the surgical route I'd recommend implants. Fillers can become mis-shapen, and of course sillicone can migrate which as well as looking hideous can very possibly cause death.

Transform in the UK do buttock implants, it'll probably cost you around £7 - 8000.

But Sophia is young and perhaps not too far into her transition. Implants probably won't look good in 20 years when she's around my age, and there are many risks and potential complications. Transition is a huge undertaking, SRS looms in the future, hormones will take years to give their full effects; don't be tempted by quick fixes for the bits you are currently not happy with, you have a long road to travel.

A few years ago I would have liked full FFS, voice surgery, fat transfer to my hips and bum or implants maybe, and if it were possible, smaller feet and hands, less knobbly knees, and so on. But I'm happy now, I've realised that getting my head sliced open and my scalp pulled about, or my voice-box cut and tightened, or my chin and jaw shaved, or sillicone pads inserted in various places... is not going to make a big difference to me or the way I live my life or the way others interact with me.

Concentrate on your inner beauty, rather than looking to cosmetic surgeons to give you an approximation of external beauty. I have had a few minor surgeries, there is always a downside. But for me, SRS was like the final piece in the jigsaw, losing that piece in the middle that didn't quite fit. Following this, everything else was put into perspective.

xx

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at August 21, 2011 12:57 PM BST
    • 871 posts
    August 21, 2011 3:17 PM BST

I support what Lucy says very much. You could spend thousands on plastic surgery thinking it will make you happy but if you dont have a holistic approach in knowing how to keep your heart happy then you might find the benefits are only temporary and you will soon be on to the next surgical idea to find that zone of happiness once again.

I appreciate that you may have already made your mind up and this is not what you want to hear but, none the less, what type of person are you if you do not explore or consider all posibilities.

All peoples, as well as womens, bottoms come in all shapes and sizes. A lot of women who do not love themselves as much as they should would like a smaller bum. My bum has grown in size since I have been on hormone therapy. I would say there is a ballance between having surgery to correct faults and learning to love what one has.

All the best in making the right choices for yourself.

Much Love

Penny

x

• August 21, 2011 3:45 PM BST
    Penny Zenny said:

I support what Lucy says very much. You could spend thousands on plastic surgery thinking it will make you happy but if you dont have a holistic approach in knowing how to keep your heart happy then you might find the benefits are only temporary and you will soon be on to the next surgical idea to find that zone of happiness once again.

I appreciate that you may have already made your mind up and this is not what you want to hear but, none the less, what type of person are you if you do not explore or consider all posibilities.

All peoples, as well as womens, bottoms come in all shapes and sizes. A lot of women who do not love themselves as much as they should would like a smaller bum. My bum has grown in size since I have been on hormone therapy. I would say there is a ballance between having surgery to correct faults and learning to love what one has.

All the best in making the right choices for yourself.

Much Love

Penny

x

Thank you very much for your wise advice, Penny. Sophia x

• August 21, 2011 3:47 PM BST
    Lucy Diamond said:

If you really want to go down the surgical route I'd recommend implants. Fillers can become mis-shapen, and of course sillicone can migrate which as well as looking hideous can very possibly cause death.

Transform in the UK do buttock implants, it'll probably cost you around £7 - 8000.

But Sophia is young and perhaps not too far into her transition. Implants probably won't look good in 20 years when she's around my age, and there are many risks and potential complications. Transition is a huge undertaking, SRS looms in the future, hormones will take years to give their full effects; don't be tempted by quick fixes for the bits you are currently not happy with, you have a long road to travel.

A few years ago I would have liked full FFS, voice surgery, fat transfer to my hips and bum or implants maybe, and if it were possible, smaller feet and hands, less knobbly knees, and so on. But I'm happy now, I've realised that getting my head sliced open and my scalp pulled about, or my voice-box cut and tightened, or my chin and jaw shaved, or sillicone pads inserted in various places... is not going to make a big difference to me or the way I live my life or the way others interact with me.

Concentrate on your inner beauty, rather than looking to cosmetic surgeons to give you an approximation of external beauty. I have had a few minor surgeries, there is always a downside. But for me, SRS was like the final piece in the jigsaw, losing that piece in the middle that didn't quite fit. Following this, everything else was put into perspective.

xx

Thank you very much for your wise advice, lucy. Sophia x