Holidays for Transvestites

• December 3, 2011 4:41 PM GMT
    I have recently come out to my wife that I am a transvestite she is so supportive, we are looking for some where we both can go to enjoy a nice weekend together and I can dress up with other like minded people. All help appreciated
  • December 3, 2011 5:50 PM GMT
    Hi Mark - and welcome to the Gender Society. I do know that some of the girls are planning a night out at Pink Punters in Milton Keynes towards the end of February (see http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/8446/night-out-in-feb-2012-uk-girls-a ) for more information about that one.

There is also a an event being held at St. Audries Holiday Camp near Watchet in North Somerset from May 7th to May 12th 2012 ( see http://www.transliving.co.uk/tgholidays/index.htm )

There is also an event which is taking place in Blackpool next year, but it has slipped my mind where it is being held, I am sure Rosie or one of the other girls who are going will be along shortly to give you more details.

Good luck hunnie xx
  • December 3, 2011 9:22 PM GMT
    Cheers will take a look, thanks for the reply
  • December 4, 2011 1:05 PM GMT
    There used to be a tranny hotel in Philbeach Gardens, Earls Court, London but that appears to have closed, though I think the bar remains open as a tranny meeting place evenings. Both Toronto and Vancouver have tranny hotels which I have visited with my gg partner, and I would be interested to hear of others.
  • December 4, 2011 1:17 PM GMT
    To be honest there are numerous bars which cater for transvestites around the UK - if you do a Google search using the terms "Transvestite bars and hotels in the UK" you will come up with a few pages of links. One of the most trendy would appear to be in Blackpool:-
    http://www.tvhotelblackpool.co.uk/
  • December 4, 2011 1:48 PM GMT
    Worthwhile events for you and your partner to consider are UK Pride events. Torbay now has a fun Pride weekend not too far from you. A useful site is www.pridewest.co.uk/pride/ which gives other places near you. And if you can get to Brighton, London, Manchester or Blackpool Pride events you are sure of a great weekend among our peers. Furthwer afield, Nice is a fab venue for TVs/TGs and their partners to vacation, with a great Pride Week, a tranny hotel, fine dining en femme, not to mention all that the Riviera can offer. I go every year.
  • December 4, 2011 2:36 PM GMT
    Thanks all, I think I have a few weekends away where I can really enjoy mysel and relax
  • December 4, 2011 2:48 PM GMT
    You're welcome Maria - have fun
    • 214 posts
    December 4, 2011 5:19 PM GMT
    I am thinking of going to guysndolls hotel in blackpool sometime in the spring, it seems to have a quieter atmosphere than most, which may suite me better, and it is reasonably priced. go to :- www.guysndolls.co.uk for details
    Rosie
    • 214 posts
    December 4, 2011 5:20 PM GMT
    ps it seems to be open all year
  • December 4, 2011 10:24 PM GMT
    Rosie, your url should read www.guysndolltsvhotel.co.uk
    Rooms at £50 for a double including breakfast is very reasonable.
    • 214 posts
    December 4, 2011 10:28 PM GMT
    ooops quite right virginia - forgot that bit
  • December 4, 2011 10:54 PM GMT
    you're welcome! thanks for bringing this friendly place to our notice....I gather Blackpool is now a vibrantly lively spot for us.....what a change since I last visited half a century ago!