Help with hormones

• 1 posts
    July 26, 2004 9:13 PM BST
    Hey there girls, I know im probably going to get a hole load of adivse that i shouldnt do what im planing on doing but i wanted to see if any one understod and maybe give me some advise.
    Anyway im 18 now and have been wanting to be a girl for a long time now my perants dont know anything about it. What iv been thinking about is maybe buying and getting some hormones shipped over from the US. I was looking at maybe buying something like feminique or some thing to slowly start the feminiseing process i want to start now to get maximum efects but I dont know where the best place to get them from or what to get. Many thanks
    Kimmy XxXxX
  • July 27, 2004 5:45 AM BST
    Oh well...

You are so young and you should be careful not to make a major mistake in your life. Think it over. And again over. And if it doesn´t go away, don´t do it by yourself. Get professional help, a shrink who understands gender issues (GID) and through him possibly an enocrinologist to prescribe the hormones. And come out to your parents.
    Hormones are not just pills, they can be dangerous. Remember that.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 11:12 AM BST
    Kimmy,
    Laura is right, tink it through then again,i made that mistake but i have now rectified it. Seek professional help it cost's nothing to get the advice, but do it alone you could end up not liking what you get.......Love JJ xx
    • 2573 posts
    July 27, 2004 4:43 PM BST
    Kimmy,

I am not saying you should not go on hormones. It's a good age to start. As a nurse, I am telling you that, particularly at your age, hormones are the last thing you want to be messing with without medical supervision. You need a medical workup and properly prescribed medication and doses designed for YOU. Just be careful.