finding work as a transgender

• 36 posts
    December 6, 2011 2:15 AM GMT

hello there. I live in redwood falls Minnesota or the usa and I live and work in Redwood falls.  I work at the small town grocery store.  My sister lives near me.  I live in a group like home that is staffed 24/7 except when we are all gone to work.  we arise at 6 during the week to get ready for the day.  I would like to move and live as a cd/tg but as my neice is finding out you can be interviewed and find that there is no work avaailable for you at the time.  This is part of the recesion I guess that is world wide. since I do not pay rent, I do wonder, how I can get more clothes to look more femine and be dressed up more since I have some money saved.  There are only 2 people who I can wear things around. they are women. one is staff and the other relief staff.  That does not include the overnight staff. and one weekend person in particular.  any thoughts or suggestions? I see a psychiatrist every so many months for medication mannagement but has not prescribed anything for a hormone or another body change.  My sister wanted a social worker as well so I am being tracked by her, much less the housing office.

Nathan/Wendy

This post was edited by nathan miller at August 19, 2012 7:33 PM BST
  • December 8, 2011 12:42 PM GMT
    If you're serious, then a shave, makeup, wig, and some female clothing would not go amiss.
    • 214 posts
    December 8, 2011 3:01 PM GMT
    Im afraid heather is right nathan - for a start anyhow, then check out the forums on here - its amazing what you will learn