Enemy with in!!!!

• 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 5:47 PM BST
    Thank you cath, but you are right in what you say....and yes i will meet you one day promise........Love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 2:04 PM BST
    Hi all
    We all talk about our wive's and girlfriends being non-supportive but what about brothers,sisters and cousin's?
    I say this because this afternoon i received a txt msg from a old army pal who is still serving with my brother the msg read" your kid tells me your a gay **** with long hair and ears pierced you******* queer". That hurt espeacially after my supurb news yesterday.
    So that got me thinking about this forum, its not just wive's and GF's that hurt us its people just as close, I thought my brother would be supportive and back me up like i have him in the past. Just goes to show you don't know what your own blood are thinking of you, as for the msg i treated that with the same contempt as which it was written, i didn't reply.....love JJ xx
  • July 27, 2004 2:34 PM BST
    aww. sorry to hear that hun!!

I suppose that's just the army attitude for you though, or rather, the male secion of it. full of bravado and machoism, not that that's an excuse. You did the right thing by not replying I feel.
    • 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 2:49 PM BST
    Rhia
    Thanx hun, yep i know this is the attitude from the armed services and alike,But i thought my brother was one person i could trust but that appears not to be the case. Still i suppose we all learn by our mistake's.......love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 6:55 PM BST
    Tiina
    why would i want to delete this message, i take in and appreciate what evrybody say's.......love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 27, 2004 7:35 PM BST
    Sorry Tiina, got the wrong end of the stick yes i did delete the message......Love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 2:23 PM BST
    Thanx Shan
    i should expect it from my old army pals, they remeber the old me, ready for a scrap, beer swigging totally army barmy person that i was.But my brother i would have hoped for more, but hey he is the the army still so that explains all.....love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 3:47 PM BST
    Shan
    hi hun yeah i thought about that,but my brother's attitude is if it ain't army it aint right. Do you get what i'm trying to say,he is like my dad, if it doesn't fit in with the army way then its no way at all...........love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 6:16 PM BST
    Wendo yes i did l/night and what he said was the same as what i wrote, i am trying to let it go over my head, but the more i think about what i have done for him the more i want to deck him........Love JJ xx
    • 236 posts
    July 31, 2004 4:27 PM BST
    Hi J.J
    You were called a queer ? well Ive called you far worse and can assure you I will call you even worse things in the years to come you old tart.

From your old protagonist Sarah Ann.XXXX.
    • 1198 posts
    July 31, 2004 4:32 PM BST
    Sarah'
    I love it when you talk dirty you old dog, but seriously girls i have forgotten all about it, i ain't lettin no jumped up red coat get the better of me............Love JJ xx

Ps Thank you all for your words....love ya's xx
  • August 9, 2004 8:25 PM BST
    JJ I know what your going through Only my problem isn't with my brother (I haven't one) but it's with my sister and parents thay just don't understand what we are going through.
    And it is very hard to live a double life beleve me you know the feeling as well I'm shure.
    • 1198 posts
    August 9, 2004 11:31 PM BST
    Hi Samantha
    Sis i sure do and all i can say is if youwant to talk do so, it is hard and babe i suppose at the end of the day its human nature. But we do hope for the support of the people we love and when that doesn't come you feel let down........love JJ xx
  • August 10, 2004 5:18 AM BST
    I got a post card yesterday from some relatives on vacation. It seems impossible for them to use my first name, so they put there only L. Like V.I. Lenin .
    Well...I donĀ“t need their approval for my name, it is my only valid name, I am Laura and thatsit.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    August 10, 2004 8:39 AM BST
    Hi Laura,Sandra and everyone reading this thread,Laura i am so sorry your relative's don't use your name in full. That isn't very nice and as Sandra has said its thr whole Transition period,
    its people who are the problem.
    All we ask for is a little support for what we are going through and in return we try to help them understand what we are doing.Its as if we are commiting a crime against them,i know it is hard for parents,friend's and work colleagues to understand.
    But it isn't that easy for us to understand either i think.....Love JJ xx
  • August 11, 2004 8:35 PM BST
    Yes Mere You don't know who your friends realy are untill things like this happen. I have found one of my clas mates from class (she's a adult entainer across the Mississippi River) and she introduced me to some of her friends and they all under stand us Very well and it's nice to have some one to talk to. and yes JJ I would love to talk any time hun, and thinks to all.
    • 1198 posts
    August 12, 2004 8:58 AM BST
    Samantha,
    the offer is there love just look on my profile for my e-mail addy..........love JJ xx
    • 2068 posts
    July 27, 2004 3:10 PM BST
    I'm so sorry to hear that julie.You'd have thought your brother would have backed you up..obviously not!!.don't let it get you down hun cos i love you just the way you are JJ!!.love and xxx maria
  • July 27, 2004 5:36 PM BST
    Hard luck Jules. Those closest by blood are not always your friends. Remember, we all love you. I hope I can meet you one day.

love Cathy xxx
    • 2573 posts
    July 28, 2004 5:25 PM BST
    JJ, have you actually asked your brother what he actually said to the asshole who wrote to you?
    • 1980 posts
    July 28, 2004 6:28 PM BST
    Oh, JJ, thats just fukked and cruel for no reason. I wish I could see you and give you a big hug.

I spent my 3 years in the military and grew up in an Army home, my Dad was careeer military, I'm so familiar with the mindset. Testosterone poisoning. I would say don't let it bother you, but that's advice I don't even take myself, I know how things like that hurt even when you try not to let them. It comes with opening yourself up to others, you have to do it, but there are always those who see it as vulnerability and a chance to deliver a blow to make themselves feel tough.

We're here for you, Julie, "we few, we happy few, we band of sisters..." I'm sure The Bard wouldn't mind me borrowing a line from the mouth of Henry V, they both had long hair, too.<g>

Hugs, Joni
    • 2573 posts
    July 28, 2004 6:40 PM BST
    What Joni said, JJ. You lost a brother, has to hurt bad and you are getting angry to cover the pain.. You have a lot of sisters to help ease that loss when the pain starts to recede. I didn't talk to my father for the last 10 years he was alive, for similar reasons (not Wendy). You find someone or something to fill the void in time but there will always be a scar. My shoulder is there whenever you need it sis. Love ya. Wendo
    • 2463 posts
    August 10, 2004 7:35 PM BST
    I'm sorry to hear about this, JJ. Outside of the few people in my life who know, I must remain closeted. If my "brother," you know, the asshole who boycotted my wedding (all outlined in my blogs) knew that I'm Meredith, he would use it to ruin me in any way he could. As for me, the funny part about being Mere is that those I told are a bit conservative, and have been incredibly supportive. You never know who your friends are until times like these. Take care, honey. XXXXOOOO Mere