General practitioner

• January 13, 2012 7:41 PM GMT

Ok  over the last 12 months+ my GP has refused to even look on the NHS web site for guides to help her help me, i am the one taking info to her and the info has been taken from various sources that she can utilise better than i.

I am grateful for the NHS but she will just not help me, and the list just goes on and on, when you have no money these people seem to love seeing you beg for any scraps from the PCTs table, i have had more help from areas of the NHS and other agency's who have nothing to do with gender issues,and they have treated me as a human and i thank them for that. It seems to me the very people who should be helping have made my life hell on purpose.

I pray some day someone can bring these people to account for there actions, its cruel demeaning and very very wrong to do this to anyone who needs a little help.

• January 13, 2012 8:03 PM GMT
    If you have legally started transition you need help and the NHS has a positive obligation to provide what help you need so write to the local NHS cheif exec and state your case.
  • January 13, 2012 8:29 PM GMT
    Rose, i have had nothing but hassle since day one of my "legally started transition" and everyone knows what happens to the "one " who complains i have had my warnings to shut my mouth and go along with the rules, or else.

You see if you make waves no one will back you up, everyone avoids you, so your on your own to fight a wrong system, at the moment i have lots of little battles going on , i may win a few but i will loose the war for sure.

I have lost faith in the NHS gender, i have been on deaths door begging for help with none from these people they are cold.
    So i may moan a bit lol but dam, i have needed to talk these issues out and find a balance.

Is it just me or do others get this sort of treatment ?
  • January 13, 2012 10:49 PM GMT
    lots do so it is necessary to invoke te Human Rights Act as the DoH has said the NHS has a positive obligation to help transitioners.
    as your GP won't help you ned to find another on.
  • January 13, 2012 11:43 PM GMT
    Thank you for that Rose, i have found a Advocate after may months of searching who has been able to offer some assistance and is willing to help me with a few battles,and in return i will be helping them with some things they need to clear up. So i would advise anyone who can to seek out a Advocate to assist in matters you may find difficult to deal with yourself :-)