What a Day yesterday!

• January 18, 2012 5:12 PM GMT

Smile 

Yesterday was Great LADIES!

First thing today my new eye glasses which are woman's with the new hi def lenses by IZOD, they are great especial at night! The lady that helped me pick out the glasses did not even recognize me at first and said I looked GREAT when she did!

Second thing today was I went to my endocrinologist for the first time, yes as myself fully dressed and looking good. Ended up getting to my appointment 1 1/2 hours early!So I filled out my paperwork and then headed down to the cafeteria for a salad. went back to the office to wait, but called me best friend who I have known for 19years. He was the last of the people I needed to tell right now on my transitioning. We talked for a half an hour and has no problem with me and I knew he wouldn't.

Went back to to the office had a nice chat with the receptionist, they loved my outfit and boots. Sat down for a few minutes and wrote in my diary. They called my name and we got down to business. Dr Redmon was Great we talked and he did his exam as soon as the blood tests come back and he gets the note from my therapist he will prescribe my hormones!!!! Which will be in by Thursday. Finally got out at 5pm then another 20 minutes to get my car from the valet, they were swamped getting cars. 

Called my therapist to have her send the letter I needed for Dr Redmon. Then called my buddy and went over there to visit and wait for traffic to thin out. I spent 3 hours there before heading home for the night and got home at 10pm. I get home and my estranged wife calls and asked how my doctors visit went. So I told her and our conversation went very well. I am not even settled in the house from my day and she calls back laying into me how everybody is attacking her family with questions about me being transgender. I asked what people give me their names and I will talk to them, she won't tell me. She is hurting about me transitioning and to make it easier on her and her family they want me to move away so they can feel better. If I move to another town it is my choice not theirs. She called back and apologized!

Hugs
    Trisha
    • 146 posts
    January 19, 2012 7:20 AM GMT
    Thanks for sharing this with us Trish. I know things can be difficult , but good to see significant parts of you local world are getting to understand.
  • January 20, 2012 8:52 PM GMT
    YOur day sounds great! Sorry that you wife and her family are reacting they way they are. Take Care, Michelle