FUNNY THING happened while on the phone!

• February 5, 2012 4:36 AM GMT

Wink Now don't laugh to hard after reading this! I was on the phone talking to my mother about my week and listening about her and dad's week. I told her that I was on hormones now and some of the things that have been changing already. Then I told her I made grandma's american chop suey with a twist to the recipe. The main things were I added hot peppers, sun dried tomatoes since I am the only one eating it. As we were saying goodnight I touched my eye and you guest it instant burning! The eye was not the only thing on fire! The whole eye socket, my sinuses, nose, cheek!! Washing and flushing the areas made the burning spread like a wild fire in a tornado!! Somebody shoot me quick, just make it stop!  I was laughing and crying at the same time!  Did I forget to mention what type of dried hot peppers I used? 1 dried home grown habinaro pepper and 4 dried ti peppers! It has been half an hour and I can still feel the burn! Can we say dah! Hope you had a good laugh! I sure did even though it was very painful! 

BIG HUGS

Trisha

• 95 posts
    February 5, 2012 6:06 AM GMT
    What is up in the world today with all these people getting pepper sprayed!! Hope you are better now TrishaCareful around the electric sockets. You could get a primer on being tasered next!!
  • February 6, 2012 6:32 PM GMT

I also found out the wrong way to handle hot peppers, remember to use gloves when dicing them or else the juice seeps into your skin, your fingers burn, and later you hve a funny after taste in your mouth.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 6, 2012 6:33 PM GMT
    • 1652 posts
    February 6, 2012 8:36 PM GMT
    And, if you're pre-op... don't even think about going to the toilet!
    xx
  • February 6, 2012 10:28 PM GMT
    I Just had one of those dumb moments were I was not thinking and paid the price, which just makes you laugh even while you are suffering. It was not my first time doing this and will most likely not be my last. That dah moment just comes on so fast some times, then it is too late. Still chuckling about it even as I enjoy the left overs.

Hugs and kisses
  • February 7, 2012 3:09 AM GMT
    ah! so this is what the youytube fo the Pakistani girl squashing peppers in her eyes is all about!
    Silly person wanted to show how she coudl stnad pain so she did it without any apparent harm.
    • 2573 posts
    March 27, 2012 6:49 PM BST
    Become a nurse. Washing your hands after finishing something becomes unconscious behavior. If I chop peppers, I wash my cutting board (and therefore my hands) right after I finish. So being a chef might also help. ;-)