I still have that urge after almost 50 years to crossdress

• 11 posts
    February 11, 2012 10:18 AM GMT

I started secretly wearing my sister's skirts when I was 5 years old.  She was 8 years older than me but she had a terrific dress sense.

My crossdressing urges grew stronger as I got into my teens. It was the 1970s by now, and my sister was still living at home.  Unlike most girls her age she didn't wear horrible clothes. She was almost old fashioned in a way and I loved her skirts in particular.

It was about 1976 and she used to wear a certain grey below knee pencil length skirt that I simply adored. When she'd go out, I put it on. It was delicious, but it felt so wrong because I was sort of getting off wearing my sister's clothes, which seemed kinda wrong.

When I got to about 17, I started buying my own clothes through mail order.  Yet still my sister had all the best clothes.

Now, almost 50 years since I started dressing up, I still get those comforting, strong ages to wear a skirt.  I'm 52, but I'm lucky in that I don't look much like a guy when I am dressed up. I am not 6 feet 3. I don't have big muscles either.

I'm 5 feet 8, and on a strict diet to get into the clothes that I love.  But I admit it, I am too fat at the moment, and haven't worn female attire for about four months.

• February 11, 2012 5:38 PM GMT
    I know it's not a contest but Ive been dressing as a girl for as long as I can remember just about 61yrs by my reckoning. I've lived full time as a woman (as myself) for nearly 8 yrs and hope to enjoy many more.
    • 11 posts
    February 11, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
    Heather Ann Martin said:
    I know it's not a contest but Ive been dressing as a girl for as long as I can remember just about 61yrs by my reckoning. I've lived full time as a woman (as myself) for nearly 8 yrs and hope to enjoy many more.

Yeah, when I said it's nearly been 50 years, I wasn't bragging. I was just saying in all that time, those feelings of wanting to dress up are still there.

When I was younger I thought as I got older maybe they'd go away but they don't.  I am not currently dressing as I'm a little fat for my liking and I know I wouldn't feel good, or look good dressed up. That's why I am on a diet.

I also think that as I get older, maybe mid to late 60s (if I live that long), that I will start living as a woman myself. I think it's easier for an older man to dress up, seems more convining as a man's youthful manly looks disappear.

I find comfort in the knowledge that I might be leading another different life in 15 years. As a woman, not as a man.

But I am still straight.

This post was edited by Simon Groom at February 11, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
    • 434 posts
    February 12, 2012 3:48 AM GMT
    being straight? that is a relative term...
    Do what you feel comfortable with Simon and "best of luck!"hugs
    • 11 posts
    February 12, 2012 7:56 AM GMT
    Doanna Highland said:
    being straight? that is a relative term... Do what you feel comfortable with Simon and "best of luck!"hugs

Well, I am not sure what you mean, but thanks for the best wishes.

I meant I could easily see myself dressing full time as a woman as I get older, but still not having an urge to go further than that. If you follow what I mean.

It's just the way I feel about myself.

• February 12, 2012 2:03 PM GMT

Hi Simon, I think what Doanna was trying to say in a round about way is sexual orientation and gender identity are not the same thing. These things together are what make you who you are. Gender identity - do you identify as a woman, or as a man, it really has nothing to do with who you are attracted to. If you say you could easily see yourself living full time, I would suspect you identify as female. Orientation could be toward men, women or both and you may still be trans-sexual, (identify as female). I think we all spend a great part of our lives living the guilt and confusion about who and what we are, especially if you are older and didn't have the benefit of the internet growing up. I'm 48. I am by no means an expert and there are many girls here that could probably explain this much better, but I hope that helps. Maybe it's time to get on the net and find out who you are. Hugs, Bri

This post was edited by Briana Lynn Rekowski at February 12, 2012 2:17 PM GMT
    • 11 posts
    February 16, 2012 11:46 AM GMT

Thanks, Briana.  But I don't think I see myself fully as a woman. But I feel most comfortable in women's clothes.

I guess I will never know the true answer. But from herein I will do what I want.

This post was edited by Simon Groom at February 16, 2012 11:47 AM GMT
    • 434 posts
    February 16, 2012 4:41 PM GMT
    Simon, you said "But from herein I will do what I want"
    ...That's the point!!!
    • 19 posts
    May 22, 2012 3:04 AM BST
    Hey Briana, Really is no gay or straight in the spectrum, just what you prefer. Takes out the binary where binary does not apply