Variomatic?

• 171 posts
    February 24, 2012 8:36 AM GMT
    Go on, put your hand up if you, like me, ever have times when the intensity of your gender 'issues' reaches critical? Present always but occasionally so demanding that you are wholly pre-occupied.. I'm going through a moment at this moment. Is anyone here so analytical that they've recorded these swings and understood their timing? Not me.
    Could be seasonal I guess, or stress related, or London Fashion Week related (!). So, enjoy the next moment you get.
    As an aside, I've returned to a well-known fiction site this week. Yuck.. It's an unsavoury deviation from here, but unlike this place best not frequented.
    Rachel
    Ps. Variomatic was a term associated with a Daf car from the seventies which replaced a traditional clutch / gearbox with the equivalent of a rubber band (or so I believe). So, it was always present but could be accentuated if you chose, hence this post x
  • February 24, 2012 12:01 PM GMT
    I think your describing the "Pink Fog". In the early seventies I used to get a lift from a guy who drove a Daf. He was 6'4" and extremely skinny and the site of him getting out of the Daf always reminded me of those clown cars. The "Variomatic" gearbox did indeed consist mostly of rubber bands. It also boasted "HydroLastic Suspension" whatever that was.