A few thoughts...

• August 1, 2004 3:18 AM BST
    ...I am not quite sure what I am. I call myself a crossdresser, because that is what I do. It is, however, a sexual expression for me; nothing else. It turns me on. And so I might just be a fetishist. I am here to try and work these things out.

Another thing I seek here, is information. I have, as you can imagine, a million questions; I will try to put them to the wise and learned of these boards as they pop up.

...This, then, is my official Comming Out. I unintentionally "came out" to a saleswoman in a shoeshop the other week, as I asked about sizes... The world did not crumble. I was relieved, and surprised, to be treated with friendliness and discretion.
  • August 4, 2004 7:05 AM BST
    People change with time. I know some fully transitioned women hwo have started with crossdressing and then found out, that was not enough for them. So, if you pick out a label for you, that is perhaps not for a life time.

Laura
  • August 5, 2004 12:07 AM BST
    Thank you both for the replies!

"Nothing lasts forever, but the certainty of Change."

I dislike categorizing myself. It is human nature, however, to seek order in what seems chaotic; and so we constantly put names and labels on any individual phenomenon we encounter. Properly used, this lightens communication. When used with indifference, it undermines it, breeds misunderstanding. And so I am carefull of using terms such as 'transgender' and 'transsexual', as I have only assumptions of their meaning.

It is true what you both say; things change. I take nothing for granted when it comes to the future, and although I have never seriously considered a sex-change, I leave the possibility open. For the time being, however, I am perfectly happy as a man in girlie clothes.
    • 124 posts
    August 5, 2004 2:56 AM BST
    Luuie,

The way I described it to my wife, there really isn't catagories but it really fits into a rainbow. There are so many different shades, but it does go from one extreme - not being a cd to the other extreme, going through with srs. Don't try to classify yourself but accept that as you dress more and more your tastes will change.

Huggz....

Casandra