An Idea For A New Forum

• April 9, 2012 12:58 PM BST

Hello,

Some of you may have noticed my wall posts recently. I am looking to make some new girlfriends in my own locality (the Northampton/Milton Keynes areas). I have not been able to find any local girls yet. I know for sure though, that I am not the only one looking for some local support and friendship!!

So I was thinking, how about we create a new forum, the purpose of this forum would be to try to find and make some friends in your own local area. I got the idea from another TG support site, the forum they use for this purpose seems quite popular.

So what do you think? A new forum to help find new friends in your own area, some names I have been throwing about are:

Finding Friends

The Fellowship

Let’s Make Friends

Any ideas comments welcome,

Love Katherine xXx

• April 9, 2012 3:14 PM BST
    Hi Katherine, you can find members in your area by doing a detailed search of the membership listing (for town, try a few in your locality) and then contact them in a PM and see how many would be interested.
    There are also a few members who meet up occasionally for a might out at Pink Punters, which is in your area - keep an eye open for new posts in the Night Outs forum (http://gendersociety.com/forums/36/gender-society-girly-nights-out) for when these events are happening

xx
  • April 9, 2012 3:22 PM BST
    Hi Carol,

Unfortunatly the member search by location is not a part of the site now. Katie is going to speak to the developers, but that could take time to get done. Even if money allows it.

I think the member search would be the best option, but in the interim a new forum should be relativly simple to setup.

Love Katherine xxx
  • April 9, 2012 3:27 PM BST
    Unfortunately, it isn't quite that straightforward Katherine - Crissie needs time to set it up, get moderators for it etc and there are way too many different forums at the moment anyway.

Perhaps if you posted in the UK Forum in the meantime??
  • April 9, 2012 3:32 PM BST
    Actually, I have just checked and the advanced membership search is working fine - you just need to choose a 'member type' before you can see any of the other options - remember to try both the transsexual and transvestite options as well
    xx
  • April 9, 2012 3:35 PM BST
    Oh wow really !

I am out and about on my blackberry right now but I will be checking that out as soon as I get home.

Thanks Carol,

Big Hugz Katherine xxx
    • 1017 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:36 PM BST
    Katherine, Instead of a forum, you might want to start a TGS Group for "Northampton/Milton Keynes Area Girls" - it's easy to set up and there are several for members in various localities already in existance.
    Just a thought, Mellie
    • 2358 posts
    April 10, 2012 3:30 PM BST

Hiya Katherine, Melody is right, Just imagine how many forums we would have, total chaos and confusion, We could end up with hundreds of forums all abandoned after a while, ''The end of our road forum'' ''Sainsburys end of month trannys coffee morning Luton'' ''TS end of finacial year Piisea'' As Melody said you can form your own little club, like the musicians cafe,

We allready have people clamouring for new forum subjects, offering to manage them, after a while they lose interest or just dissapear, leaving a void

Loadsa love Cristine

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at April 10, 2012 3:34 PM BST