Allergies and hormones

• August 5, 2004 5:11 AM BST
    Many doctors say hormones and allergies have a connection. I got a bad hay fever in my puberty and it developed over years into a full blown asthma. After having started my HRT the asthma symptoms gradually weakened and disappeared fully in three months. And never came back. Now at least two doctors have told me I was actually allergic to testosterone. And the reason that I had developed allergy to testosterone must have been mental.
    My inner self hated testosterone and asthma was a protest against the unwanted stuff.
    I know here in my country one other case myself and in the ts-screening they said the phenomenon definitely exists, I´m not the only case. They said this would be a good topic for someone to make a medico-psychological study.
    Anyone of you faced anything like this?

Laura
  • August 5, 2004 8:35 AM BST
    My luck was that my testosterone levels probably never were very high. My hips developed broader than boys normally have, my big sis always picking me on that.
    Also I considered my face somehow too "weak" and feminine and tried to hide it behind a beard. Connected with my self denial.
    In the HRT my testosterone level dropped quickly lower than the lower level of genetic females. But I didn´t suffer from it. Just the opposite. I got rid of my asthma and my years long depression.

Laura
  • August 20, 2004 5:48 PM BST
    Concerning interrelation of an allergy and HRÒ... At least two my girlfriends got rid of an asthma in course HRÒ. Personally at me arterial pressure which was raised was normalized. And whether who had experience of an allergy from itself HRT? At me the case of overdose of hormones was, but after decrease in a doze the allergy has passed on next day.
    With testoteron to me has carried. Before beginning HRT I did full complex medical examination which has shown a normal level of female hormones and the lowered level of man's hormones (for genetic men). It has rather helped me to spend not so much on flash-epil - on a body, legs and hands of hair almost was not. But there were very wide hips and teenage gynecomasty which delivered to me many efforts at teenage age. It was necessary to shirk lessons of physical culture at school and to bathe on poorly populated beaches, very much hesitated of all.