Sexual Health Guide for Transgendered people

• August 15, 2012 7:43 PM BST

Written by the Terence Higgins Trust this sexual health guide for trans people is a must read to help protect both yourself and your partner from sexually transmitted diseases of many different varieties

http://www.tht.org.uk/~/media/4653AA766E3F4C1286FC515F17146F32.ashx

PS - Please copy and paste the whole of that link to a new browser window - for some reason it is breaking in here and the link is not clickable

This post was edited by Former Member at August 15, 2012 7:48 PM BST
  • August 16, 2012 8:49 AM BST
    Terence Higgins was homosexual so it's a little off to put a link to his website on a site for Tgs.
    Can you find a website for sexual health written by a woman?
  • August 16, 2012 10:28 AM BST
    Rose, once you start looking down on other minority groups, it's about time to give up on hoping that general society will accept transgender people. There is no place for bigoted comments like this on GS.

There are many TV's and CD's who are gay (ie attracted to men) and many TS's (m2f's) who are attracted towards women. The fact remains that Terence Higgins was a wonderful caring human being and how do you know that this guide was not written by a genetic female, a trans woman or a TV/CD - you don't.
  • August 16, 2012 12:48 PM BST

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:23 PM BST
  • August 16, 2012 7:03 PM BST
    As all the sexually transmitted diseases are the same irrespective of your gender or sexual preference then surely the advice about the means to avoid them is also the same?
  • August 16, 2012 7:16 PM BST
    well, I don't think I'd ever read a woman's magazine telling its readers to go look at safe sex information put up by a homosexual.
    there is a difference even if its not apparent to most.

• August 16, 2012 7:51 PM BST
    Rose, you have no proof that it was put up by a gay person, you seem to think that it was Terence Higgins who wrote it - but as you might well know, Terence died 30 years ago of HIV and the Trust was set up in his name by volunteers from all sections of the community, gay men, gay women, straight men, straight women, trans men, trans women, straight TV's and CD's, gay TV's and CD's.

It was set up to help fight against the AIDS virus which affects both straight, gay and trans people alike.

What you should be more concerned about is, not who wrote it - but what the message says.
  • August 16, 2012 7:51 PM BST
    How do you know who wrote anything in those stupid magazines? I do wish you'd stop posting all this Homophobic nonsense.
    The fact remains, It's irrelevant who writes the safe sex info provided it's correct and helps people to avoid infection.
  • August 16, 2012 8:01 PM BST

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:24 PM BST
  • August 18, 2012 12:56 PM BST
    Nerrac Etat said:
    How do you know who wrote anything in those stupid magazines? I do wish you'd stop posting all this Homophobic nonsense. The fact remains, It's irrelevant who writes the safe sex info provided it's correct and helps people to avoid infection.

stupid magazines?   'gay magazines are stupid' is about at homophobic as its possible to be.

• August 18, 2012 2:21 PM BST

Rose love, you really have lost the plot here.  Nerrac was responding to your point
    "I don't think I'd ever read a woman's magazine"
    when she replied
    "How do you know who wrote anything in those stupid magazines?"
    she never mentioned any gay magazines whatsoever and was in fact referring to women's magazine - the only homophobia in this thread is being displayed by you.

• August 18, 2012 5:39 PM BST

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:25 PM BST
    • 51 posts
    August 19, 2012 9:20 AM BST

I've been looking at this whole issue with our local Sexual Health Promotion Service. At a local level they are very supportive but at senior management they see it as 'low priority. because they don't that we have any sexual health risks above the general population. Many of the people who work in that service are from an LGB background so any homophobia from any trans person is not helpful to our cause and anyway as one of the workers said, although the motivation for sex for a a trans person prior to surgery is definitely not gay the mechanics of the activity undertaken are so we do need to listen to the lessons the LGB community have learned. As far as I'm concerned whilst we may discriminate the bugs and viruses definitely won't! Best wishes, Nell xxx

This post was edited by Nell S at August 19, 2012 9:21 AM BST
  • August 23, 2012 9:05 AM BST
    so basically you're confirming the stereotype that transgenders are just blokes in frocks and quite happy to use their penisesa nd anusses for sex?
    • 1652 posts
    August 23, 2012 5:30 PM BST
    Once again confirming your TS homophobe stereotype...
    • 51 posts
    August 25, 2012 12:47 AM BST
    Whoah Rose! I've not seen as much excitement since Boris Johnson's hair in a Force 10 gale! First off I didn't say it if you look at what I wrote. It was a worker in a sexual health service and I quoted them. Second they did say prior to surgery. Well as the outcomes for GICs can be anywhere from counselling to hormones and SRS a position where certain kinds of sexual activity are ruled out so the people affected don't conform to ignorant stereotypes then they would have to lead celibate lives. Is that what you would want for yourself? Thirdly from what a number of cis women have told me when we have been having girl to girl chat there are quite a few of them who like the activity that you allude to. So your position would seem to say that it is OK for them but not for a transgender woman.

Finally I don't have stereotypes. I leave them to the Daily Mail and their readers and anyone of a similar ilk. To make it quite plain what my views on sex are here they are: it is a private matter between as many people as want to be involved; consent is paramount and even the slightest unease at anything means 'No', the partners should be over the age of consent and if there are large age differentials between someone who is just over the age of consent and the other/s great care should be taken to ensure the person is not being coerced in any way, there is the potential for illness and injury and the creation of new life so precautions should be taken against this with all parties having shared and individual responsibilities, no sexual activity should cause physical or emotional harm and it should always be born in mind that sex and powerful emotional and psychological states are intrinsically linked so always treat one another with kindness, love, consideration and care.

That's it.

Nell
  • May 23, 2013 1:41 PM BST

i tried to watch the whole video, but it seems not as good as expected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Spam link removed by Site moderator

This post was edited by Former Member at May 23, 2013 2:37 PM BST