Unusual Biology

• August 28, 2012 5:47 PM BST

I recently started a forum post relating to powerful overwhelming maternal instincts. Firstly thank you to all who have responded, I hope like myself you gain some comfort from knowing that there are others amongst us who feel the same, it sort of normalises it for me a bit.

I vaguely implied in the other post that I wasn’t born entirely male. To better explain this I was born quite premature and extremely small. I had something called Hypospadia, which is a restricted opening of the urethra. My genitals were only partially formed and my testes were in my abdomen undescended, a condition known as Cryptorchidism and one was not properly formed, the other was very small. They had not moved at all by the time I was 9 so I had corrective surgery to descend them, which caused me tremendous psychological and physical pain. All of my life I have experienced groin pains and pain down there. I never got typically hairy like boys do, though I am not saying I had none at all, just hardly any. My Adam’s apple never became prominent and I stopped growing at 12 reaching 5”5. I only have a size 5 feet and tiny hands. I have never had proper erections in my life ( I think it would be physically impossible for me to because my genitals are mostly internal which is in part why SRS would not result very well and has greater risks involved for me). I had to have more corrective surgery about 2 years ago to treat Phimosis and further correct the opening because passing water was painful and I was getting more and more infections.       

Anyway that’s enough background, I was wondering if any amongst us experiences what can only be described as a monthly cycle. I have no doubt that I now sound absolutely mental but both my partner and I experience something inexplicable every month. We both have had this since before we met, Carrie from about the age of 13, myself a bit older and a lot less than her. She also developed breasts at that age too however She didn’t have the unusual male development that I experienced. Her cycles were so bad when I met her that all she could do sometimes was lie on the sofa with a hot water bottle on her tummy. Mine however are becoming more noticeable as time progresses, hers though are lessening. Neither of us was aware this happened monthly until other people in our lives mentioned it independently at a time well before we met. Carrie was sent for a scan a few years ago relating to this but the results were inconclusive in part due to technical error. She refused to go back because the consultant treated her appallingly. She has since had surgery. Sorry this is a long post but I couldn’t find a way of making it more concise without losing some of the essence. I would love to hear from anyone who has insight into this or has experienced anything similar.

This post was edited by Former Member at August 28, 2012 5:50 PM BST