breast enhancement creams? any suggestions?

• November 1, 2012 11:59 AM GMT

Hi

I am currently taking herbal feminization hormones and I would like to add a breast enhancement cream. Do any of you have any recommendations? There seem to be a lot of products out there, and I would love to know if there is one that really works. Thanks.

Renee

• November 1, 2012 2:23 PM GMT
    None of them work Renee - if they did the news would have spread like wildfire across the internet by now. The only sure way is to seek help from your doctor and do it properly under medical supervision
  • November 1, 2012 3:00 PM GMT
    Thanks Carol.
    • 1652 posts
    November 2, 2012 2:27 AM GMT
    Have you considered taking real estrogen instead of these herbal "supplements"?
    http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-166-estrofem-2mg.aspx
    43 cents per tablet and they will be a thousand times more effective than any herbal imitation.
    It's what I get on prescription, but they are cheaper to buy than most if not all of the magic pills I've seen on the internet.
    xx
  • November 4, 2012 12:03 PM GMT
    It is only safe to take oestrogen or any other hormone under medical supervision and having your blood checked to make sure that you are not overdosing. Too high a level of oestrogen can lead to heart problems as well as liver problems which could kill you. You might also have an underlying medical condition where certain types of oestrogen therapy could exacerbate this condition - which is why they should only be taken under medical supervision. We do not know your medical history, only you and your doctor know that - so please seek his or her advice.
  • November 6, 2012 7:09 PM GMT
    Thanks very much for the advice. Your points are well taken.
    Renee
    • 0 posts
    December 8, 2012 8:33 AM GMT
    Hi Renee
    The only vream I know of that is 100% effective is Premarin Creme.
    Also, a woman on Oprah admitted to using it on her face. She looked stunning.
    CB oxo
    • 1652 posts
    December 8, 2012 11:03 AM GMT
    I believe Premarin cream was designed for use as a vaginal cream to treat post-menopause symptoms (contains horse estrogen). It's now been discontinued in the UK. You will not get significant growth by applying it your breasts.
    For breasts to grow there needs to be estrogen circulating in the bloodstream, if you apply a cream it needs to absorb through the skin, and in fact the breast is not the best place to do this for maximum absorption. Also, gels are much better at absorbing through the skin than creams. As I say, the cream was designed for internal use.
    It may or may not help the skin on your face (I'm skeptical) but this, and any other so-called breast cream will not help you grow breasts.
    There is simply no such product that will work in this way, ie by applying to the breast itself.
    Estrogel is effective (contains estradiol) but should be applied to the legs or arms only.
    xx
    • 364 posts
    December 9, 2012 9:58 AM GMT
    Carol Uren (Moderator) said:
    It is only safe to take oestrogen or any other hormone under medical supervision and having your blood checked to make sure that you are not overdosing. Too high a level of oestrogen can lead to heart problems as well as liver problems which could kill you. You might also have an underlying medical condition where certain types of oestrogen therapy could exacerbate this condition - which is why they should only be taken under medical supervision. We do not know your medical history, only you and your doctor know that - so please seek his or her advice.

We have our own views on that Carol. I am DIY but get my tests done annually

• December 9, 2012 10:16 AM GMT
    At least you are getting tests done Joanne - most people who self med don't. But why risk it when you can be supervised correctly by your own doctor??
    • 364 posts
    December 10, 2012 5:46 AM GMT

I am annually by my doctor  - Liver and kidney function, thyroid tests etc. plus medical for driving licence. Another point- how many transgender persons are educating their doctors ? Although the tests are for a thyroid condition the results are applicable.

This post was edited by Joanne Lee at December 10, 2012 5:51 AM GMT
  • December 17, 2012 8:37 PM GMT
    Stick to your guns Carol. You were 100% right no need to qualify it in any way. No one should self medicate when it comes to hormones. Period. It doesn't mean DIY'ers are bad people, it means they are taking silly needless risks with their life and there is nothing that anyone can say or do that makes it a good idea.
    And Joanne, if there is anyone out there Tgirl or not who has to educate their doctor about anything, then they need a new doctor.
  • December 17, 2012 8:48 PM GMT
    Joanne,

May I ask why you are self-medding??

Is it because you don't want to go the whole way and thus don't want to disclose to your doctor?? Or is there any other reason behind it??

Does you doctor know that you are self medding?? If he is nor aware of it, he could well be mis-diagnosing the results of your blood tests.
    • 364 posts
    December 17, 2012 9:56 PM GMT

Its a long story Carol. Probably over the years I have had too many refusals from doctors from UK to Oz. Locations were a problem too as I was working seven day weeks in remote locations with a doctor making occasional visits. Over the years everything has changed for the better for transgender people. I am now a bit too old to worry. I have been self med for the last 10 years. Incidently, I was reading a few statistics recently. In USA 50% of TS are educating their doctors and 19% are beinng refused treatment for HRT.As written in my profile, earlier I chose family before transitioning.

This post was edited by Joanne Lee at December 18, 2012 1:36 AM GMT
    • 364 posts
    December 18, 2012 2:26 AM GMT
    Nina Miaccello said:
    Stick to your guns Carol. You were 100% right no need to qualify it in any way. No one should self medicate when it comes to hormones. Period. It doesn't mean DIY'ers are bad people, it means they are taking silly needless risks with their life and there is nothing that anyone can say or do that makes it a good idea. And Joanne, if there is anyone out there Tgirl or not who has to educate their doctor about anything, then they need a new doctor.

Nina

Not all situations are straightforward

This post was edited by Joanne Lee at December 18, 2012 2:28 AM GMT
    • 0 posts
    December 18, 2012 5:02 AM GMT

Hi

Now let's make quite sure that we are not mis-informing people.

Doctors, and my endocrinologist, only monitor blood levels and adjust the meds. accordingly.

It is arguable whether or not anyone with half a brain could do the same thing.

Hormone regimens and blood assay levels are freely available from "Transgender Care" etc.

My endocrinologist tries to maximise the effects but the main advantage of professionally supervised administration of hormones is the reduction in cost. Crikey, if you're lucky they might even offer you an orchidectomy too.  

I do know that if you confess to self-medicating it gives you some leverage in getting on a prescription.

CB xo

• December 18, 2012 6:42 AM GMT
    Chalice,

It is not quite as straightforward as you seem to make out. Underlying medical conditions can skew the results of the blood tests and it could give a false reading which might lead to you increasing the dosage with potentially deadly results. So your asseryion that anybody with half a brain could do the same thing is quite misleading.
    • 0 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:03 AM GMT

Ta Carol

I am making no suggestion that embarking on hormone treatment is not a serious undertaking.

There are risks with or without medical supervision.

Thrombosis and cancer being the two major concerns.

Any person who had underlying medical conditions and disregardsed those would not be acting responsibly.

However, the fact remains that approaching a doctor for medical assistance with transitioning is not the easiest venture.  At least, if someone is taking hormones independently of professional supervision, it would be wise that they be well informed.

Obviously, TGS, does not endorse self-medicating but that doesn't mean you can pretend it isn't happening.

I would suggest it is rife.

CB xo

• December 18, 2012 7:37 AM GMT
    Alas, I suspect that you are right Chalice, but if people are serious about taking mones which can have irreversible effects on their bodies, then I really don't see where the fear lies in approaching their doctors so it can be carried out under the correct medical supervision and where both parties are up to date with their facts.

If people are doing it because they are transvestite and just want to grow a pair of breasts for their own amusement then they are simply putting themselves at risk for their sex drive can decrease to zero and they will find that they could no longer take part in things like going to the gym, going down to the beach, swimming, seeing their doctor for other things where they will be examined, embarrassment if they are taken into hospital for anything, getting a girl friend etc etc the list can go on and on, I have just mentioned a few things.