Richard Littlejohn's Hate Campaign

• December 22, 2012 2:32 PM GMT

I notice that the transphobic creep of an author has been at it again in his latest column in the Daily Mail:-
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2251347/Nathan-Uptons-wrong-body--hes-wrong-job.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He goes to town on the father of one pupil who attends the school in the article, who although orginally exressing strong disapproval and actually set up a petition against the teacher, now accepts the situation and has backed down - but not a word of that.

What I found particularly disgusting was the the placement of the Jimmy Saville story immediately below the article - which was disingenuous and misleading and aimed at associating the two in his reader's minds. A story about a teacher of young children followed by an old article about a predatory paedophile was the the most subtle form of transphobia I have seen.

Shame, shame, shame on you The Daily Mail.

• December 23, 2012 12:50 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 5:44 PM BST
  • December 23, 2012 12:50 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 5:45 PM BST
  • December 23, 2012 12:52 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 5:45 PM BST
  • December 23, 2012 11:27 PM GMT
    first lines of article:

Look, it can’t be much fun being a woman trapped in a man’s body. Believe me, ladies, there are times when it’s not exactly a bundle of laughs being a man trapped inside a man’s body.

So I have every sympathy for the 400 or so people a year who opt for ‘gender reassignment’ surgery to put themselves out of their misery.

I don’t even have any problem with sex-change operations being carried out on the NHS, provided it’s a genuine medical necessity and not a lifestyle choice. Transsexuals pay taxes, too.
  • December 23, 2012 11:30 PM GMT
    INbetween main comment and before saville is.....
    69-year-old great-grandmother was ordered to remove her hood in a Tesco Express because staff thought she might be an armed robber.

Barbara Francis, of Ashton, Lancs, was wearing a yellow parka with a fur trim. She’d only gone in to buy a packet of porridge.

When she was approached by a member of staff, she thought he was kidding. But no, it’s company policy and rules is rules. Hats and hoodies off!

Let’s hope they don’t get a visit from Santa this Christmas. They might think he’s a shoplifter and call the cops.
    ‘Put the sack down, sir, slowly remove your hood and step away from the reindee
  • December 23, 2012 11:31 PM GMT
    so hardly a connection
  • December 24, 2012 1:26 AM GMT
    It was earlier on when it was published
  • December 24, 2012 1:34 AM GMT
    hardly a transphobic rant then?
  • December 24, 2012 1:45 AM GMT

If you don't see it as such, then you really are out of the loop Maryanne as it has caused outrage on every TS group that I know

This post was edited by Former Member at December 24, 2012 1:49 AM GMT
  • December 24, 2012 2:16 AM GMT
    outrage at some1 that says he supports?
  • December 24, 2012 8:14 AM GMT
    Jeeze, Littlejohn is the most transphobic journalist in the UK (well actually he lives in the US) and will out, shame, harrass, mock, decry and humiliate transsexuals.

Read between the lines, and why does he insist on using her former name thoughout the article and inappropriate pronouns.
    • 1652 posts
    December 24, 2012 12:16 PM GMT
    Yeah right...
    "I have every sympathy for the 400 or so people a year who opt for ‘gender reassignment’ surgery..."
    As long as we PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM THEM!
    What a jerk.
    xx
  • December 24, 2012 12:25 PM GMT
    Everything he says is put in apotrophe's (like 'gender reassignment' 'Miss Meadows' etc etc). I just can't believe that some people think he supports trans people - unbelievable.