I need to get this off my chest now.

• 376 posts
    January 8, 2013 5:21 PM GMT

I would seriously like to know what is wrong with being Transexual/Transgendered and why 99% of you are so ashamed of being one of those people.

I hear about stuff like confidence! Confidence is in yours heads. How can anyone use that as an excuse for stopping them being themselves? . Being yourself is the most natural thing in the world and is not a crime.

Over 30 years ago gay people took to the streets to show their pride and get acceptance and guess what? "It worked".

This confidence thing cannot be used as an excuse forever. Show your pride , not at some stupid event once a year. Do it now! Everyday of your bloody life. If you don't then in 30 years time people will still never understand.

You think you are going to be attacked? you think you are going to be mocked? To be honest I have no clue what goe's on in some of your heads I try over and over to figure it out and I can't find the answer! Apart from one thing "You must be ashamed to be yourselves".

I will tell you now I am nothing special and I have the same abilities to think for myself as the next person but the next person seems to fail to use those abilities.

Some facts for you. People get verbally and physically attacked everyday! For what Having ginger hair? or maybe the colour of their skin or a disability?. The fact is "Everyone" gets picked on in their lives. Even beautifull super models do! So what the f#ck makes you think being trans whatever you want call it makes you any different? As I said its in your heads.

I have thought and thought over past years to make things better, not for me for others and future generations. I have not run out of fight but I am running out of life.

Heres another fact for you. People will never understand unless you allow them to , and to allow them to they need to know who you are. Hiding away behind that screen in front of you will teach nothing to anyone.

Ok I have been attacked for my gender identity in the past but friends of mine who are just so called normal people have been attacked too in the past. For what being normal? .

I am realy sick of the pathetic excuses I read about on the internet for not going out . I you were 6 years old I "maybe" could understand it but you are f#cking adults and thats an insult to 6 year olds.

Even on a website such as this one half of you dare not show your faces and then have the gall to attack me for my openess and honesty? not anymore.

Katie if you read this then I will not put up with "anyone" on your site attacking me for being myself       "I will retaliate".  I don't put up with it in my day to day life and I will not accept it on here.

Finaly! There is nothing wrong in being you, there are a lot of things wrong with human nature and they will never change but only you can change others attitudes towards us.

I have been through some crap in my life and another on this site who is a great friend of mine has had far to much of her share of it to. It hurts me so so much to know things like that happen to people like her but its a fact of life. It takes a lot to hurt me but that doe's hurt because she deserves the best.

Will it stop me from being me or my friend from being her?? No it will not because we live in the real world. We have to to survive because to us being ourselves is the most important thing we learned from.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:19 PM GMT
    • 13 posts
    January 9, 2013 1:43 AM GMT
    Julia why so much anger? I 100 percent agree with you that we should just be ourselves and be proud. As for 99 percent being ashamed of being transgendered that's just bullshit. I am proud of who I am and 99 percent of my trans friends are proud of who they are. Everyone's story is different . there are many reasons people don't come out. some of us have a lot to lose. most notable family and or their income. I've been lucky I've lost neither but I also came out at a time where I had already made my path. I was going to come out earlier in my career but a friend of mine beat me to it. and the agony she went through has made her bittet to this day. so yes I chickened out. I was ashamed of myself for being a chicken but being ashamed for being transgender what's the furthest thing from my mind. every movement has a few leaders and the rest follow along and the tide eventually changes. I applaud and respect your leadership but it's not for everyone. I'm just suggesting that you just be a little easier on your brothers and sisters we are all in this boat together.
    Dawn
    • 376 posts
    January 9, 2013 9:31 AM GMT

Dawn. I can assure you I am not angry . What I wrote above was written for a reason and it was typed as if I were having a frustrated conversation . In other words it was written from as if I was saying it . It may sound harsh but here is the reason. Today in the UK a teenage transgender person will commit suicide aged between 14 to 19 years old. It will happen tommorow and everyday this year as it did last year . Why? Lack of understanding! That lack of understanding is not changing and it needs to for the sake of present and future generations. The transgender community is internet driven. I call it segregation. Those teenage suicides are not because of being transgendered they are because of the way they get treated by the general public or fear of how they will be treated by friends and family. It has to be stopped it is a waste of young lives. Many of us will know how those young people felt before ending their lives or I should say have an idea how they felt. Those young people need role models (and I don't mean me) Jackie Green is that perfect role model she has no shame in her at-all. People in this world need to understand we never asked to be born the way we are. I never look upon being Transexual as an afliction it is a condition , a treatable condition. A couple of years ago I was invited to talk to some students at a London university. I did not know how many were going to be there to listen , it turned out to be 800. I never had a clue what I was going to say and never thought about it. After introducing myself the first thing I said was "are there any trans students here" Silence! I thought ok I will just talk and did. It was supposed to last an hour , 30 minutes talking 30 minutes of questions and answers. It lasted 2 hours and I was not realy suprised by some of the questions "but" Before I left the stage I asked the question I asked at the begining , Are there any trans students here? 8 students had the courage to raise their hands 1% of the audience. Their were maybe a few more not willing to admit it but from zero to 8 in 2 hours is not bad going and was well worth missing my train home and having to pay for a hotel that night. The university did offer my expenses but I asked them to use the money to teach more students in some way. We have the gender recognition act in this country to protect us from discrimination from keeping your job ect after revealing your true gender identity. When I read that trans people dare not step out of their doors for fear of being ridiculed ect then I get frustrated not angry. Everyone knows a gay person but how many know a trans person? Not many because it is hidden , again I say why? Maybe for the same reason as in the letters LGBT the T comes last. Why doe's it come last? Because thats where we stand in society and always will untill we all say "Hey look we are here and not going away". I have a realy busy day so I have to go. I would like to add more but time is ticking in more ways for me than one.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:19 PM GMT
    • 376 posts
    January 10, 2013 10:45 AM GMT

Deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:21 PM GMT
    • 376 posts
    January 10, 2013 10:54 AM GMT

Deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:22 PM GMT
  • January 10, 2013 2:12 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:47 PM BST
    • 376 posts
    January 10, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
    Nicola.

I am not realy concerned and I knew it would be searched. I also had a good idea who would search it. I see the thumbs down function has changed since I posted it this morning! I wonder who that was???.

One day the so called trans community will just self implode on itself because no matter what anyone trys to do to change other peoples attitudes towards transgender people the trans people just throws it right back in their faces. Nothing will change in your life time and proberbly everyone else's on this site.

The trans community is doomed to be stuck in the past and just remain an internet driven society. A society that just sits around waiting for things to change from behind a PC monitor.

It won't change , you will never see it change , you will see it as I said implode on itself.

Yet another teenage trans person has commited suicide today and all because of lack of understanding.

The internet is an amazing tool but it is also the cruelest weapon ever invented. You have just proved the hatred that exists on it. Ok that hatred is aimed at me but I can take it teenages cannot.

I have learned over the years that most of the hate towards transgender people is actualy within its own so called community. Its all this I'm better than you , your better than her stuff that creates the hate.
    The simple fact is we are all the same as humans "But" we all have an ability to change things. You prefere to sit around waiting for it to happen and I prefere to "Atempt" to change it.
    I know deep down inside I am in a loseing battle but at least I can say I tried.

I have the respect of the real community I live in and thats what keeps me going.
    I was supposed to be at a meeting of trans people last nite "I can't do it anymore" I am sick to the back teeth of the constant moaning and groaning from those so called adults , I can't be in the same room as them, you would fit in fine there but I can't.

I have said it over and over being trans whatever you want to call it is not a crime so it has no need to be hidden. I have also said would any trans person rather have been born with no legs than be trans? Would they rather have been born in a country where their life expectancy is 13 years old? And if anyone answered no to the above then count yourselves lucky.

We are no more special than any other human on this planet and thats a fact. We get what we earn just like the next person. I am not saying it is easy nothing in this world is.

Some have everything handed to them on a plate but are they happy? I doubt it , money will not buy happiness. Buying lottery ticket will not buy happiness you will most likely lose but if you won it still will not buy you happiness. All it can buy is material things.

A lesson in how to be happy.

Find yourself

Be yourself

Be proud of it

JACKPOT! ££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$££££££££££££$$$$$$.
  • January 10, 2013 8:26 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:56 PM BST
    • 376 posts
    January 10, 2013 9:27 PM GMT
    Me paranoid? Now that I find so so funny. I am so pleased your not going to bother me anymore thats just one more to go now.

I am extremely happy thank you and believe me I know all I need to know about you as you post it in the forums , its a kind of sad life for some is,nt it? "But" as I have said anyone can change things but then maybe its much more easy to just let life pass by like it never happened , I don't know realy becuase I have a life .
    I also have a past and it can all be found on this wonderfull internet .Anyone can feel free to judge me for it because I am not ashamed of it one little bit.

And just for the record I only judge by what I read , wether you wrote it or someone else did if its there to be seen then it can be judged simples.

And believe me you would fit in.
    • 2358 posts
    January 10, 2013 9:42 PM GMT

Julia ford, 

Not one of the most erudite or educated of people, and definately in your face, but one of the bravest and  honest of people its my priviledge to know personally.   Over protective and deeply concerned about the plight and situation of others.   We have all had difficulties and issues to deal with in our lives, some more than others,   Without going into details Julia has done it her way and made it.

Cristine Shye  xxxXxxx

• 376 posts
    January 11, 2013 1:00 AM GMT

Thank you Cristine. I realise I am hard to understand but you have taken the time to get to know me I respect you so much for that and everything you do and have done xxx.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 23, 2013 4:25 PM GMT
    • 376 posts
    January 12, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
    Thanks Chrissy.

I do not expect everyone to agree with me we all have different opinions it would be a boring world if we were all the same , its the truth that hurts some.

I am going to atempt to explain myself.

It would be easy to go back and edit what I have written but then if I did this would not make sense.

I say things! I will be the first to admit I sometimes phrase things wrong but thats the way I am . I have been accused many times for being to observant by my friends and its true. I look around everywhere I go just as I look around on here and see things that frustrate me.
    Today in Marks & Spencer with a friend in the queue in the restaurant there was a thing on the counter saying todays special , I picked it up and noticed the dust around where it was . I then asked the girl serving what was yesterdays special? She replied i don't know , I said I do as by the looks of the dust around that thing its been the same all week. I do it everywhere I go I realy can't help it. In Tesco there was a notice on the wall that made no sense at all , I again questioned it and was told it had been there since the store opened 7 years ago and I was the first to notice it . It said Tobacco products cannot be sold to anyone OVER the age of 18 . It was an obvious misprint but not one person had questioned it untill I did .

I do the same with people , sometimes things touch me and I feel I have to do something to help because I am in a position to do so "but" others are to and just ignore it because to them its not their problem.

However harsh I may sound sometimes I always have a motive and that is atempt to right the wrongs I see everyday of my life.

I have black friends! They get discrimated again'st because they are black, they are not ashamed of the colour of their skin they just put up with the discrimination because they are used to it . Being black is not realy any different to being transgendered because we are all human beings whatever we were born as in label terms.

I do understand the fear of some I am not blind to what goes on around me as I said I observe things.

My point is and always will be people need to understand what being transgender is . Gaining acceptance for some is easy and for others it is extemely hard. I don't know where I put myself in that, I suppose it was hard but easy. The easy bit was being myself and the hard bit was the attacks and working hard to gain acceptance but it was all worth it.

The thing is with me is , I now live in a town with a population of around 150.000 and I have made it very clear I was born a male. Some choose to hide it ,some choose to hide completely and miss out on life. Me? I made the decision to let everyone know and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made because it has taught people. Everyday of my life people learn from me.
    Sometimes I go into town just to get one thing that should take me half an hour but ends up taking 5 or 6 hours because people stop and talk to me and they learn.

That star of Suffolk thing I mentioned. The population of Suffolk is fast aproaching one million. 200 people get invited to it and I am invited , I am not a star I am a recognised person in Suffolk and I gained the recognition through what I do and who I am.

My main problem with going is I have to wear a dress and I am not realy a dress person. I have bought two very expensive ones for it but still cannot decide which one to wear. According to the girl in Debenhams I look stunning! No its the dress , from behind I could be mistaken for Julia Roberts wearing any of those two dresses. I was also told by the girl who served me I have a figure to die for. Being under weight is no fun though I want to be a size 10 to 12 again but I can't see it happening I am wasting away and I have no eating disorder . Time is very important to me and I have so much more I need to do and don't want to waste it argueing.

Here I am trying to put right the wrongs and I will continue doing so even if I do upset someone with the truth or phrase something wrong . I am far from perfect and have never in my life pretended I am perfect. I make mistakes just like anyone else does . Those mistakes maybe in some kind of crazy way draw attention to those wrongs in this world we live in.

Julia.