Whats the point

• 2358 posts
    January 17, 2013 12:58 PM GMT

Whats the point of posting links on the home page, people like them, make a comment, whatever, but they either don't realise they have to click the link to follow up and read the content of the link or they are just being polite.   Comment and add your thoughts to the actual forum, pleeeeeeeeeease, the forums are a permanant register of discussion, reports, knowledge, ideas and experience, something that dissapears all to quickly on the home page

Cristine, Shye (GS Admin) Women With Male DNA All Female

Women With Male DNA All Female - ABC News
    Eden Atwood is not a freak -- nor is she half-man, half-woman. But her DNA says she's a man. That's because she has male chromosomes, an X and a Y, instead of two Xs, like most females. It's a disorder of sexual development in the womb called Androgen Ins
    • Briana Q likes this.
    • Cristine,  Shye (GS Admin)
      Chalice Brendale Thanks Cristine. This gets covered each year with our Year Ten students - 16 yo - in their Genetics course. It is sometimes called Testosterone Insensitivity. The bottom line is genes are not the determining factor in sexual identity, instead steroids hav...  more
      Cristine, Shye (GS Admin) They compared DNA from 112 MTF (male-to-female) transsexuals with DNA from 250 males who did not experience gender dysphoria. Results of the study were published in the 2008-OCT-27 edition of the journal Biological Psychiatry.
      The researchers found that the transsexual subjects were more likely to have a longer version of the androgen receptor gene in their DNA.  
      Chalice Brendale Interesting articles but I fail to see the relevance to the original citation.
      I was born, cryptorchidistic, and have always thought I harboured a diminshed concentration of testosterone. but it is testosterone that is the determining factor in 'masculinisation' and by default, a lack of it results in feminisation. Quote: "Although testosterone can be produced directly and indirectly from ovaries and adrenals later in life, the primary source of testosterone in early fetal life is the testes, and it plays a major role in human sexual differentiation. Before birth, testosterone induces the primary sex characteristics of males. At puberty, testosterone is primarily responsible for the secondary sex characteristics of males." Sexual differentiation occurs through out life, and is dependant on both the production and utilisation of testosterone. Really!  less
      Chalice Brendale Sorry, I didn't see the tale of your reply. Some of the better students would, indeed, find the articles very useful. Perhaps you could vist us as a guest speaker. lol
      Cristine, Shye (GS Admin) .Chalice said The bottom line is genes are not the determining factor in sexual identity,
      The fact Eden Attwood was born with a mans DNA and Subsequent research proves that Primary DNA can and does affect both Gender Identity and physical appearance, its in the gene make up that causes AIS and Reifensteins syndrome, Androgens are produced, and at birth a baby can have the testesterone production level of a 23 year old rampant male, if the androgen receptors do not accept them because of a gene abnormality . Which is generally the established
      scientific conclusion so to dismiss the importance of genetics is somewhat perplexing.  less
      • 40 minutes ago
    • 376 posts
    January 17, 2013 2:34 PM GMT
    Cristine.

You are well aware I am uneducated but I have learned so much from you over the years. I would never pretend I understand all you write but I try.

Please don't ever give up when idiots who pretend to be know it alls (and also a teacher) .

Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out when I spend my spare time doing my best to raise awareness only to have it thrown back into my face by the very people I am trying to help.

One day you will get true recognition for all you do.
    It is appreciated by me . I have learned more from you than any teacher could teach me.

Morons are morons and nothing you or I do or say will ever change that.

Thank you for everything.

Julia xxx