Is being dead that bad? (Not morbid)

• 376 posts
    January 19, 2013 12:06 PM GMT

Its a question I have thought of a lot thoughout my life , mainly due to the deaths of others close to me.

So is it that bad? You don't exist anymore "but" you did not exist before you were born "Same thing realy".

The plus side! You get showered with more flowers in one day then you ever recieved in your whole life , better to do it when the person is alive me thinks .

Then of course once the vicar has said , In the name of the father and of the son and into the hole she goes everyone goes to a place and says how sad ect and say things they never said when you were here. Oh she was so wonderfull ect i will miss her , Erm! Don't lie where was my birthday card then?.

Once you are in that hole or put in a big thing to burn you to ashes you "may" get a visit once a year from someone who remembered it would have been your birthday ect and you get a nice bunch of flowers again . Erm! your dead now.

Then theres the will . Now I have had reason to change mine recently and it will be fun but for some its going to be a bit of a shock . I have made cetain requests for some people (my family) . The condition is they have to be at my solicitors to hear it . I have left them less than it will cost them to get there and others who are not my family will get what they would have.

Then the religion bit comes in. Me being born a catholic with no belief in God or Jesus or the Bible I am doomed according to some nutters. Yes I am going to be cast into everlasting flames so I have been told.

For what, Being me and being a person who cares and will help anyone where I think it is needed and touch me? plus anyone who knows me will tell you I would lay down my life to save another. Look out flames I can put fires out.

So is being dead that bad? Before I was born as far as I can remember it was ok , I can't recall any bad memories about not existing but can by existing .

As I recently came to the conclusion that Jesus is banged up in prison (thats where people say they found him mostly) And I have no intention of going to prison to find him , so why does he spend so much time there? Maybe he is a criminal! I know the Pope is because he hates us and wants us dead anyway , his words were "We do not deserve a life".

So as the late great Kenny Everett once said "You can't get more relaxed than being dead". But I will add that is unless a bloke with horns keeps sticking a red hot poker up your arse.

Has anyone ever stoped to think that this could actualy be the after life? I have mainly because of Deja Vu. It only ever happens when I go to a place I have never been before , and sitting here with no red hot poker up my arse I have never been to hell . Lived some of it yes been there as a place no.

When I go outside at night and look up at the stars am I thinking God created that? No I am not , We look through microscopes to see tiny things living and now tiny things living with them. We are in my eyes the same , could there be someone looking at us through their microscope? Why not humans invented size and distance? we just maybe an experiment in someones jam jar.

Now a prayer.

Dear God above can you with all of your powers and love

Stop children dieing in this world for lack of food or water?.

Can you also with all your powers and love stop wars and senseless death?

Dear God can you tell the Pope to shut it?

Dear God can you stop the destruction that causes innocent people to die?

Dear God can you actualy do anything constructive?

Answer from God so far over thousands of years.

God! No comment. I wonder why?. Just like a dead person God does not exist.

This post was edited by Former Member at January 19, 2013 1:19 PM GMT
    • 1195 posts
    January 19, 2013 4:50 PM GMT
    Very interesting!! Having been around many times I'll expect to hear from you in the future. Too bad we can't remember everything but perhaps it's all in the learning process. You know we only use a small part of our brain so we've got a long way to go. Have fun.
    xxxxGracie
    • 376 posts
    January 19, 2013 9:00 PM GMT

Grace! Been around where many times? Don't know if you have roundabouts where you live but just take the next exit then you can go in a straight line , you will get dizzy if not.

My brain is full it needs D-baning or a new hard drive. Pleased you found it interesting anyway.

Its not my intention to offend anyones beliefs but if you ask anyone who believes in God if they believe in Ghosts they say no. Now that means 2 things. (One) They can't see God but believe in it. (Two) Then they can't believe in the holy ghost can they? A bit hypocritical I think. You have fun too . Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at January 28, 2013 7:21 PM GMT
    • 13 posts
    January 29, 2013 4:04 AM GMT
    Don't know about this being the afterlife.. If so where do we go after the afterlife? I'm more inclined to go with the hypothesis someone is looking at us through their microscope, and probably saying,"OMG or OM(fill in the blank) this experiment has gone horribly wrong." No horn in my arse, have fun.. hugs,dawn
    • 364 posts
    January 29, 2013 4:25 AM GMT

Julia

For someone who does not beleive in God etc, why attack the belief of those who do ? There has been in the past a number of prominent individuals with similar thoughts who changed entirely when about to leave this world. But thats another story. Religion is a matter of faith and I hope mine will remain strong despite my past and current experiences.

Joanne

• 376 posts
    January 29, 2013 10:12 AM GMT

Joanne. How am I attacking others beliefs? If thats the case then you are attacking my beliefs.

"GOD" My beliefs->

I had the afliction of being born a Catholic. So why is it an afliction? . Aged 10 years old my Father was killed . I was told God needed him more than myself and my family. My family was my Mother 1 sister and 4 brothers . When a Nun at my school told me that God needed him more than us  I kicked her in the shin as hard as I could and told her what I thought of her and stupid religion.

I was then called the devils child! So now the Nun is saying my Father is the devil! Prepare for kick number two Nun. Second kick put her on the floor , devils child is getting pissed off now.

I hung the Crucifix on the wall upside down whislt she lay on the floor , I wanted to put it down her throat. I was told to get out by the Nun on the floor and considering what she said just two days after my Father had died I gladly did. That is just one of my experiences of religion (believe me theres a lot more).

Now just take a look around this world we live in and you tell me what religion is doing???? I will tell you , it is killing everyday and it always has . Islamic nut cases killing innocent people in the name of God. Here strap this bomb to yourself and go forth and blow people to bits and you will get rewarded with 60 virgins . Fly this plane into a building and kill thousands of innocent people and you will get rewarded with 60 virgins.

Countless wars are started over this God thing and you pick up any recent history book and you will see millions upon millions of people in this world have died over religion in just the past 7 decades alone.

People who ony read one book are dangerous and that one book is the Bible which ever language it is written in. The book itself is just a blood thirsty piece of fiction , it makes The Chain saw massacre look like a bed time story for kids.

You and others want to believe that book? Thats your choice but I have chosen reality it beats fairy tales easy. And finaly where are all these virgins? I live in a county close to one million people and it would be very hard work to find 20 virgins let alone 60 for each nutcase that gets promised them everyday. If any of the above offends anyones beliefs then just remember I am entitled to my own. Read your book and stop reading this.

The Pope hates us and he has said "We do not deserve a life" We meaning trans and gay people .

Here is Christianity at its best. Just click on the links to listen or read "We should be put to death" according to this australian Christian.

https://soundcloud.com/#johnmbecker/salvation-army-major-lgbt

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/06/23/audio-australian-salvation-army-chief-gay-people-should-be-put-to-death/

Julia. AKA The Devils Child (According to the Catholic religion).

This post was edited by Former Member at January 30, 2013 11:25 AM GMT
    • 2358 posts
    January 29, 2013 2:54 PM GMT

I don't believe in an omnipotent, forgiving, GOD, I believe in myself. At 12 the so called god abandoned me, at 14 the all understanding god took the one person that gave me comfort why, yes I can understand the ''better off dead'' scenario, Everyone is entitled to their opinion and religion, freedom to believe. Ask your local priest, bishop, parson his views on Gender change. Under the EHRC and the UK transgender laws, they are exempt from discrimination, a local bishop can ever refuse you burial in concecrated ground. All in the all powerful all forgiving Gods name.

Just don't force your ideals down my throat.  (not that anyone here is doing that)  but things said by those that do format religous policy ''Repent and you shall be forgiven'' if there is a God he made me what I am, its definately not a life style choice as most of them proclaim.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at January 29, 2013 2:59 PM GMT
    • 376 posts
    January 29, 2013 4:35 PM GMT

Crissie. Please don't take this as an insult but you and I are very similar in some ways. The turning point in your life was the same as my own , that being 12 years old.

Humans evolved and thats a fact as it can be proven by science , the garden of eden is fiction and Adam and Eve are fiction. In reality if a snake told anyone to take a bite of an apple they would firstly crap themselves because a talking snake has just appeared then they should run because if it can talk what else can it do?.

You and I were created by our Mothers and fathers and as far as I am aware there was no god taking part in it.

You have made youreself the woman you are today and again there was no god playing any part in that. It was your pure will power to survive just like myself that made you who you are and a lot of pride. All through my life I have had others attempting to force this god thing on me and they live to regret it.

If and this is a very BIG IF there ever was a god then it has taken a very long lunch break and has no care for humans or any other life on this planet. When my time comes if anyone lets a vicar near me to perform the last rights I will find the strength from somewhere to stop him putting his dirty hands down my knickers.

Given a choice if the devil shows me more compassion for everything I have done than the god thing then the devil and I will get on just fine (as long as the red hot poker stays away from my arse) One person on this site made a very big mistake not long after I returned and that was to try to force their belief in god on me. Just don't try it "Anyone" I have my beliefs and I will stick by them untill I am gone , I have nothing to repent. I respect others beliefs (in my way) I just need to remind them that I am entitled to my own and it seems hard talk is the only way to get through to them. The hate towards us from the church will never go away even though most priests vicars ect are Gay but deny it untill they get caught.

There should be no shame in being Gay or Trans whatever "But" there is shame in being part of the organisation called the church , wether that be vicar bishop or whatever "sheep dressed in wolfs clothing" to hide the hypocrasy (again untill they get caught).

Take care Julia x

This post was edited by Former Member at January 29, 2013 5:41 PM GMT
  • May 3, 2013 2:28 PM BST

The thought of a god, goes back to when our ancesters left the caves. While the men were out hunting for meat. The women were forraging for fruit, berries, vegetables. they even started gardens to grow their own, but their gardens. Were too far away from the caves they lived in. So it was probably a woman nagging her man to build a cave next to her garden. that started the whole house thing. So now, we have families with a job. ( tending the garden) Property, the man made cave. Dependence on the eliments, for the food to grow in the garden. As probably only 1 in 10 hunts were successful. So now, the work put into the house, tending the food garden, & protecting it from others threats. Becomes due to the weather being poor, i.e. drought, storms, snow, floods, winds etc,etc,etc some omnipotent presence. So there must be someone or something controlling all these elements. A GOD Maybe! Let us try various ways to appease these gods. Pray to them. Offer them blood, obeidience, ritual sacrifice. Anything so that what we now possess. We can keep, & use to support, feed & protect, our tribe, family & possessions. This for me is how I see a god or gods were installed. i believe religion was & is, a tool to control the masses. I personally believe that as we are made up from the same eliments as everything else.  Once we die, we become just another part of the eliments. I don`t believe there is an after life. i do hope there is though. As having lost more than a few close to me. I`d love to meet up with them again. Having suffered a drug overdose as a 20 year old. My heart stopped for a short period of time, & I stopped breathing. I saw no white light, there was no wisened old man there to greet me. There was nothing only darkness, & at times in my life I have wished for that release. To see, feel & hear nothing. So Julia, like you. I believe this is it!. No disrespect to others & their beliefs. This just happens to be mine

• 143 posts
    May 3, 2013 2:56 PM BST
    I will first start with this : To each her own in terms of beliefs of god or not. But here are some thoughts to consider on the matter : First, if there is a god, then regardless of the fact that this entity or entities has omnipotence and omnipresence it ( they ) is (are ) compelled to do one thing and have no choice in it - it must communicate with us. if it does not, then all we have is our overly-active imaginations and cannot be held accountable by it. We are then left to make god in our own image. If its communication is too interpretable then again we cannot be held accountable - that is to say, what if god tells only one person to tell the rest of us - and how often does this happen? - much like the game of sitting with others in a circle and passing a statement in a whisper from one ear to the next and by the end it becomes garbled, so to does this happen here. Communication is opposed to beliefs when one considers it. Communication necessitates statements that can be measured in some capacity and considered. Beliefs require no proof at all. These thoughts go beyond the questions of why there is hunger, disease, war, violence, let alone ignorance in the world. One might then argue that god does communicate through the written word or in works in nature - in the former, it was written by a person in a long-dead language and left open to interpretation and begs the question - which one to read? while the latter with works of nature shows there is no answer at all - the sun that shines on us kindly to help plants can burn the crops too and be unbearable. Here is a philosophical thought on the matter - Look outside and see a tree. It is a marvelous sight to behold. I can take a bag of carbon, some liquid nitrogen, some water, and some trace elements to the top scientists and engineers in the world and ask them to construct a tree piece by piece with these components. At present it cannot be done. This does not mean there was a god that did it however. Think deeper. If there were a god that made this tree and of course, this god would have to communicate with us, how can it not have the power to place next to the tree a single piece of paper with the answer to 3 questions so that no matter who picked it up they could read it. By the way, the 3 questions - quite simple really : First 'who am I?' This tells the person who they are in the context of this chain of being as god sees it. Second, 'what do I do here?' - Clearly there is no point of having a 'here' without a point - unless one assumes a gameplaying lunatic for a god. And third, 'what happens next?' - meaning what comes after life. That's about it - I have never found nor seen this paper, yet there are many trees that are explained through natural cause and effect. Like Julia - I mean no disrespect to others in their beliefs, but these are just thoughts to ponder. 
    • 376 posts
    May 3, 2013 3:04 PM BST

Daisy this is an oldie! You are now aware of what I was made aware of just before Christmas , that was my real thinking behind this thread.

I agree with you "This is it" We are here then we are gone. This earth was created by nature and we are part of nature , things grow then die.

Lask week I was walking past a Church and Priest was putting up a big sign and it read No God no Peace so I said to him there is no God then? His reply was , Yes of course there is , So me being me said well where is the peace then? all humans ever do is fight , the sign clearly states No God no peace so there is no God you are admiting it. Then the smart arse said , no if we do not accept God then there will be no peace , now he is pissing me off , so I said if I accept God then all the wars will stop tomorrow then? No we all have to accept him he replied , Yeh but it is this invisible thing no-one ever see's that they are fighting about I said , he went quiete for a moment and said he may be invisible but he is all around , So I punched the air then he said what are you doing? I said I just gave him a good thump! He never said Ouch! So he as you call him is not there "Fact" Your sign says so end of arguement.

Oh my life is so much fun I can't wait for the bloody movie.

Julia xx

This post was edited by Former Member at May 3, 2013 3:04 PM BST
    • 376 posts
    May 3, 2013 6:12 PM BST

On the Godless subject! Here is my own thinking on how we got here. We were put here , if you think about it (like I do) although we are all human why are we all so different? Why do Chinese people look Chinese just because they live in China? I think some big space craft dropped all different races and variations of humans on different parts of the planet.

There is no logical reason for a Chinese person to look any different to us. The same can be said for Black African people! They are not black because its hot there because even if they were White they would still look different to us , they are not sunburned either.

There is a massive gap in evolution where they say we turned from Apes to humans , millions of years in fact so what happened inbetween? . If you look at the planet there are huge deserts , some have pyramids! How did they get there? Some of the huge blocks they are made with weigh 200 tons and on the subject of 200 thats how many miles away the blocks came from . So how did 200 ton blocks move 200 miles accross sand? Then get lifted into the air to build the pyamids? .They have tried it with modern machines and failed . So how and why are they there? Its a lot of trouble to go through to stick a few mummy's in.

My belief is we reached the stage we are now millions of years ago then with nuclear weapons blasted each other to bits and that is why the deserts are deserts  ,and the pyramids were not tombs for a few dead people they were fallout shelters. The pictures inside some show futuristic people wearing space suits and wrist watches ect , to paint those images they must have seen them.

So back to how we came from apes! It is backwards , I rekon apes came from us hence the gap in evololution . We got to the stage we are at now and nuclear war almost wiped us out and the Apes were the mutants who we evolved from but who we were in the first place. We have now evolved back again.

Did that do your head in???? Just think about it , it makes more sense than God.

Now go take a pill if your head hurts .

Julia .

If you have been affected by reading this and you need help or support. Please call the Julia Ford done my head in hotline. 0891 27 27 27 Calls are charged at £15.00 GBP per minute , calls from mobiles will be HUGE . Due to high demand you will have to hold for 10 minutes=£150.00 GBP Before being connected to an Ape who cannot talk.

This post was edited by Former Member at May 3, 2013 7:08 PM BST
  • May 3, 2013 7:13 PM BST

One of my theories, of which I have on occasions.  Is that we don`t actually come from this planet, but are a virus, that destroys planents. Put here, by vindictive spacemen who hated seeing the paradise, that was earth. they thought it would be funny to destroy it slowly by infecting it with Mankind. Let`s be honest, one mad theory is as good as any other. No one seems to have any real idea. Just possibly a more convincing arguement.......

• 376 posts
    May 3, 2013 7:31 PM BST

Well we did'nt come out of the sea daisy did we? We were put here . I like your virus theory though. Plus I know a few people who are not even on planet earth , they live in a different world lol. PS My DVD above is available in a strange shop near you soon.

• May 3, 2013 7:37 PM BST

I`ve often been thought of, as being from another planet. My attitude to anyone who thinks either better or worse of me. Is if they can`t influence any part of my life. I see no value in worrying what they think. Sometimes though, what I perseive as mean, arrogant, spiteful or stupid. Does piss me off